Twenty-Eight: Halloween Shopping

It was the next day and the students in Ms. Mendeleiev's class were in the middle of writing a pop quiz assigned from the reading the day before. She hadn't told them about it, considering it was a 'pop quiz' so the class groaned when she had revealed the fact.

To say Marinette was struggling was an understatement, she looked at the questions on the page as if they were another language. Completely and utterly confused, she prayed this quiz wouldn't count towards a big part of their grade.

As if sensing the class's dismay, an akuma decided to bless them in the middle of a pop quiz by attacking somewhere outside. There were loud rumbles, similar to an earthquake, catching everyone's attention as the Science teacher peaked out of the classroom's window and frowned.

"You guys can head home, you're lucky I'm cancelling this quiz, but I expect you to have the readings for Chapter 4 done by tomorrow," Ms. Mendeleiev said.

The class groaned but were thankful nonetheless, an akuma had come in handy for once in their lives. 

The teenagers rushed out of the classroom with Alya following Marinette, "Psst, are you going now?" Her friend asked, adjusting her glasses.

"Someone needs to deal with the akuma," Marinette said with a weak smile, "I'll catch you later Al."

With that she quickly hurried out of the school and hid behind a tree opening up her purse. Tikki yawned and gave her holder a smile, "Isn't it too early for this?" Tikki asked, an adorable smile resting on her face.

"Yeah, but it's also too early for a pop quiz," Marinette said with a lazy smile, "Spots on."

With that she swung her yo-yo towards a far away building structure and let herself be glided through the air. She landed on top of a very tall building and tried to see what the damage was, there were a few buildings crumbling so it was safe to assume someone had a morning grudge.

"Morning bugaboo," Chat said, landing beside her with a small smirk.

"Hey kitty," she said, brightening up at the sight of him, "I'm actually thankful for an akuma right now."

"Has your civilian life been causing you problems Ladybug?" He asked, raising a brow, but with slight worry etched onto his features. It made her heart soar at the fact he cared so much.

"Well I had to miss a quiz for a class," she giggled.

"What a coincidence, me too! Although, I was almost done," he said, with a slight pout.

Ladybug chuckled, "Alright smart guy," she said, booping his nose.

He scrunched his nose adorably before his expression turned serious, "So what are we dealing with today?" He asked.

"Hmm, well from the looks of it, someone had a morning grudge," Ladybug muttered as she saw the akuma flying in their direction.

She was wearing a pink dress that went to her knees with pink, white, and gold outlines for her mask and makeup. Long lace-up white boots covered her feet and a small golden crown rested onto her goldish, blond hair.

"Well if it isn't the kitty cat and the disgusting bug here to stop me from achieving my dreams," the akuma scowled, who went by 'Drama Queen.' Ironic, wasn't it?

"The only thing you'll be achieving is disappointment, do you think Shadowmoth's really going to let you stay the way you are and achieve your so called 'dreams?'" Ladybug asked, a smug smile resting onto her features.

"You're being a little dramatic right now drama queen, why don't you set the crown down and let the right people take over?" Chat said, resting a hand onto his hip with a slight smirk to infuriate the akuma further.