Nineteen: I kissed her

Not my edit, I found it on the internet, but credits to the owner! <3

Marinette looked at Chat's eyes, he looked slightly off, like he was sad or upset. She wondered why and hoped everything was alright. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came to see you, I missed you Mari," he said with a small smile.

"It's only been like, a day kitty," Marinette said with a laugh.

Chat gave her a smile but it looked pained and now she knew that something was definitely wrong. "A day feels like a lot to me," he said softly.

She furrowed her brows and tried to meet his eyes, "Kitty, what's wrong?" She asked, stepping closer to him.

Chat's head shot up and he quickly shook his head, a smile now resting on his face, "Nothing, I'm fine Mari, just tired," he said.

Marinette knew he was lying, the tired excuse only worked for her after all.

"One, that excuse only works for me," she said pointedly causing Chat to chuckle, "and two, I know you're lying, so tell me what's wrong," her voice softened towards the end.

Chat looked up at her and let out a sigh, "It's nothing new, just my father, I was having a decent morning and when I came home for lunch he only seemed to remind me of the things I'm not good at and constantly need to work on," he said, his fists clenching slightly.

"Chat..." Marinette said softly as she trailed off for a bit, "don't ever believe him alright? I'm sure you're great and you don't need to be great at everything just to please everyone."

Chat sighed, "I know Mari, it's just...a lot to deal with all the time. Like a constant reminder in my head or a message stitched in, making me feel like I'll never meet his standards. I just hate going home and having to constantly go through it, does it ever stop?" He asked, his eyes pleading and desperate.

Marinette felt heartbroken looking at the poor boy, he always put a tough act in front of everyone, saying that he was okay, but he was deeply hurting inside and she desperately wanted to make it stop.

"I know Chat trust me, I can tell how exhausted you are by this and I wish I could make it stop," she squeezed his hand. "You don't deserve to go through what you're going through, you're probably one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, and your dad really needs to stop treating you like that."

He smiled a little at that, his ears lifting up a little, "Thank you Mari, I can always count on you to make me feel better. I just wish he could stop, he doesn't listen to anyone other than himself, if only my mom was here I-" He stopped short at that, his eyes widening slightly as he shook his head.

Marinette understood what he meant and didn't pry further, this poor boy had lost his mother in some way and was dealing with a controlling, overprotective, and loveless father.

"Chat, I'm so sorry," she said softly. "For what you're going through, hopefully one day your dad will realize how wrong he is," she cupped his cheek.

Chat looked into her eyes blinking slowly, he didn't realize the limited distance between him and Marinette. They were inches apart, just like the time at André's ice cream parlor, just like the time they had almost kissed.

"Mari," he let out a shaky breath. He looked down at her lips, then back into her blue eyes, and saw her move closer to him. She looked into his green vibrant eyes then down to his lips, almost closing the distance between them. 

With his emotions in control, Chat closed the distance between both teenagers and gently pressed his lips onto Marinette's. Marinette was surprised by the sudden action and her eyes widened slightly, once she registered the mild shock, she kissed him back. She felt a spark between them and butterflies in her stomach at the feeling, sure she had kissed Chat before but not like this, this felt so much more different.