CHAPTER 23

"Someone's outside my room. He's knocking too loud. I'm scared."

Soobin can still remember how he is keeping himself from laughing. They may be talking over the phone but he can feel Hueningkai's fear with the way he's talking to him. If only he knew this is just a prank, he will be so embarrassed with his reaction. Talking to him with this state, Soobin is somehow worried about him.

He is just a new guy in the campus and he only has one friend, Taehyun. No wonder why he seemed to be craving for someone else's attention and love. It may be is the same reason why he wants to keep himself close to Soobin even if he is just bullying him. Well, that was before Soobin realized that he deserved to be treated right.

"Do you know him?"

He finally had the urge to respond. Holding his laughter, the youngling answered...
"I don't. He's breaking in hyung. Please help me."

And so he purposely ended the call. Soobin thought that it would be easier for Hueningkai to know it is him who's breaking in if he can hear him talking. He's not sure what the guy is doing right now, thankfully they set up a camera inside his room that'll track the things he's doing.

"Where are you hiding?"

Soobin texted him after he successfully opened Hueningkai's door. Everything is silent, as if Hueningkai already escaped or maybe hid himself. "Where could he be hiding?", Soobin asked himself and threw his sight on every corner of the room only to find nothing.

"I'm at the cabinet here in my room. Are you calling the police?"

That was the last message he received before he almost laughed his chest out. Hueningkai is indeed trusting him. He can easily spill out his exact location to him without him trying hard. So he looked all over the place and saw the only cabinet in his room. "How should I approach him?", Soobin is now thinking of a way on how to scare the little guy.

"Hey little guy, so you are hiding here?"

Soobin banged the door twice and pulled it to his direction. He can tell Hueningkai is keeping the door shut but he isn't really stronger than him. In just a matter of time, Soobin was able to open the door and he tried not to mess up. So instead of laughing upon seeing Hueningkai sweating profusely, he just showed a sinister look in his face.

"Wait wait! Is that why you're not answering my message?"

Heuningkai went out of the cabinet and looked at him straight. You can tell he isn't pleased upon seeing Soobin. Soobin on the other hand felt victorious seeing his plan with Yeonjun is working. Hueningkai is scared but it seems like he is more disappointed; he feels betrayed.

"Answer me, why are you doing this to me?"

He intentionally raised his voice to show his authority. If there is one thing that Taehyun taught him, it is how to defend himself. He has been bullied by the same person who is in front of him now and Taehyun just can't stand to see him suffer in his hand. He told Hueningkai to voice out his right and never let them ruin him again.

"Hueningkai, I have no evil intentions against you. This is just a prank."

"Prank?"

For some reasons, it is hard for Soobin to see Hueningkai like this. The disappointment in his eyes is making him feel guilty. Somehow, when he imagine himself without Hueningkai's presence, he'll find his heart twitching, his chest tightening, as if he is not prepared for something like this to happen. And so he patted Hueningkai's shoulder, tried to make him feel at ease and pointed his index to where they positioned the recording camera.

"Look! We even hid cameras to film your reaction."

And he grabbed the camera and shoved it to Hueningkai's face. In all honesty, it calmed Hueningkai down for some seconds. Not until he heard a gunshot and that made him jump in terror. Before Soobin could process what happened, Hueningkai already ran away to a direction he is not familiar of.

"Hueningkai!"

Soobin got up from his bed and looked through his phone. He fell asleep and casually dreamt about Hueningkai. It's no wonder why his brain tried to forget about what happened. It was so terrifying and traumatic for him. Imagine being blamed for someone's disappearance just because you are the last person to be with the victim. He is gripping his phone hard before it rang and saw Beomgyu is calling him.

He has been staying in his house since he got him out of Yeonjun's imprisonment. That night, Beomgyu is also there; he is coming over to see Hueningkai. That was their first meet and since then, they became rival. Who would've thought they'll end up being allies one day?

"Beomgyu, why aren't you home still?"

"If you won't come to the hospital tonight, I think I will never be able to save my brother. Come meet me at the hospital quick."

"What is going on?"

"Yeonjun is after my brother, our brother."

And that lit Soobin's entity on. He is right, Beomgyu is right when he said Hueningkai is their younger brother. Soobin was able to see how defenseless Hueningkai is. On the other hand, he has also observed how aggressive Yeonjun can be. It's a mismatch between the two of them.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."