CHAPTER 24

"That night, I swear I never pulled the trigger."

"Yeonjun hyung! What was that all about?"

"What do you mean what was that all about?"

"You purposely did that don't you?"

"Purposely what?"

"You said it'll be a prank but you scared Hueningkai to death. He ran away and I lost track of him. You purposely drove him away right?"

"And what would I get if I did that?"

"I know you. You only want me to yourself. You don't want to see me hanging with someone else. I see it the moment Hueningkai and I got closer."

"Shut up! The heck I care if you're with someone else!"

The room was then filled with silence after an intense debate between Yeonjun and Soobin. They are both mad and disappointed with each other. Soobin is blaming Yeonjun for what happened and Yeonjun is trying to prove Soobin that he can live without him. "Is he saying he's not afraid of losing me?", Soobin thought to himself while looking straight to his best friend's eyes.

"I am now going crazy because of this discussion Soobin. This place isn't huge enough for him to get lost. He's a grown up man now and he should stand alone."

"And you are acting like you aren't responsible for this? That bullet went straight to his house!"

Soobin has been repeating the same argument over and over again. He is emphasizing that it is the bullet which scared Hueningkai and made him ran away. And it's making Yeonjun crazy. "A bullet? But how? I never pulled the trigger.", he said to himself. To make sure, he even counted the bullets on the gun he was about to use earlier; none of them is missing.

If that is the case, then where did that bullet come from? Is there anyone else who's trying to threaten Hueningkai's life? Then who is he? And why is Soobin blaming him? Does that mean he is not trusting him enough? A lot of questions are circulating Yeonjun's head.

"Soobin, aren't you trusting me enough? I am innocent. If you lack trust, I can have a gunpowder test. That'll prove me innocent."

He is trying to calm the tension down. In fact, he even used his soft voice just to tickle Soobin's ears. In that way, maybe he could convince him to take his sides. It's not like he is manipulating everything, but he isn't really sure where did that bullet come from.

"If Hueningkai doesn't show up in a couple of days, we can help his family in finding him. We can tell them what we're doing there that time."

"Yeonjun hyung, are you hearing yourself? You're going to tell his family that we were there? That'll probably make us the primary suspects!"

"We are all victims here Soobin. Imagine if we are just passing by and we heard the gunshot, we are still going to be interrogated once they found us. It's no difference than being there with Hueningkai as we try to pull a prank against him."

"I will never dig my own grave."

"Soobin... listen to me."

"I'm out."

And Soobin banged the door, leaving Yeonjun inside his house. The only thing he is thinking right now is how to prove he is innocent. He wants to take Soobin back; he wants him to trust him again. But how can he do that if Soobin is suspecting him? Yeonjun is certain he never pulled the trigger. "Soobin, why aren't you trusting me enough?", he knelt on the ground with his tears overflowing from his eyes.

"If it wasn't you, who is it then?"

Hueningkai screamed at the top of his lungs as Yeonjun tried to explain himself. He is scared of his presence; he suffered enough from Yeonjun. And with him closing the door, trying to talk to him in private with his hands bleeding; that made him even more terrified.

"Hueningkai, it wasn't me. I admit, I hate seeing you with Soobin. He treats you genuinely after bullying you and he never cared for me like that. And I admit I have a gun with me that night but I never shoot your windows."

"You better leave or I'm calling a nurse or a security guard to drag you out."

"No please don't. I am trying to prove myself innocent. You have to listen to me."

"You made me suffer. You bullied me until I end up disgusted with myself. Please leave."

"Hueningkai!"

Yeonjun heard Beomgyu's growling voice after the door opened wide. He is so scared of Beomgyu, after him carving the first letter of his name on his neck just to get Soobin out from that dark room. So he grabbed Hueningkai's hair, kept him close to his body and pointed the splinter on his neck; the same splinter he used against Taehyun's soft flesh.

"Don't come any closer or I will hurt your brother the way I hurt your best friend!"