╰┈➤ 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗔𝗨

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

I walk through the familiar gates, seeing the familiar students in their groups, chattering amongst themselves until their mouths fall off. I make my way through the crowded corridor, wanting nothing more than to just reach my locker and go to my first class for the day. After walking through the teenagers which felt like hours, I finally reach my locker. I dial in my combination and put in my unrequired books whilst pulling out my required ones from my bag. I shut the locker close with a loud bang. A heavy sigh escapes me, already knowing today will be like every other, and feeling the urge to walk out of the school and never return.

My shoulders lift and sink back into their position as I suck in another deep breathe, walking to my class. The corridors have cleared slightly as all the students make way to their classes. I begin to climb a staircase, going to my art class. As I step on a stair, I feel a group of girls push past me, dropping my books from my hand. They don't care about the mess they made and continue to walk. I sigh once again, bending down to pick up my stuff and ready to walk again.

That is who I am. The nerdy, artsy girl no one notices and no one ever will.

I'm meant to stay in my own bubble, and never burst it and come out of it.

Because everytime I try to burst through my bubble, I mess everything up.

It's best for everyone if I just keep to myself.

I walk to the art class, sitting behind my easel, which is next to the window. It's my fixed place, because while I paint I love to look out the window and hear the soft chirps of the birds and wisps of the wind blowing. Sometimes the wind blows in the room from the window and kisses my cheeks, providing me the most ethereal sensation.

I place my art file on the easel and get up to fetch some supplies from the storage room. I bring a palette, some brushes and a container for water. When I come back out, I see someone picking up my art file and placing it on the table next to the easel. As I walk closer to the person, I realise it's one of the girls from the group who I stumbled across on my way here.

"Uhm... hi," I mumble, making the girl look up to me, "I was sitting here; that art file is mine. Could you please sit on a different chair?"

Just as the girl looks up to me, I notice her striking features, blonde wavy hair which reach just above her shoulders and hazel eyes which pierce through mine.

It's Coco Van Dijk, I mumble to myself.

Coco Van Dijk is the most popular girl to go to our school. So many boys and girls fall right at her feet, wanting to claim her as theirs. Since I first saw Coco Van Dijk, I knew that having her around won't be easy for me. Over the years of being in high school with her and seeing her everyday, just like the others, I developed an infatuation for her. And what more, she is the older sister of the famous singer Ruel, who is globally famous and is currently on a world tour.

"Sorry, I'll go and sit at another seat, I apologise for any inconvenience caused," She says genuinely, and I nod at her, murmuring an 'it's okay'. She goes to the far corner of the room and takes a seat there.

I sit at my place and pick up my art book, placing it back on the easel, and keeping my supplies in front of me, ready to paint. Our teacher, Ms. Revren walks in and stands in front of us. She greets all of us and we greet her back, before beginning to inform us about our new project.

"For the new project you will be assigned in pairs. The project is to showcase yourself and your partner through one piece of art. Now your medium can be anything, it can be oil paints, acrylic..."

Ms. Revren's voice begins to fade. She said that the project is to be done in pairs. Group projects are not my thing. I always get stuck with some dumb student who doesn't want to do anything and it leads to me finishing all the work by myself, and earning grades for not only myself but for the other student too. And to work in a group or pair, I need to socialise with them, which is not my thing. For our current project, we have to showcase ourselves, and for that, I need to communicate with my partner.

I'd rather be stuck with unpoppable bubble wrap than do a group project.

"...you can come up here to see who your partner is," I hear Ms. Revren say. Students slowly walk up to the paper pinned on the board to see their partner, while I decide to stay in my position and wait for everyone to clear out before I see who my partner is. My eyes go out to the open window, from where I can see the school gardens. The fragile flowers dance in the wind, with buzzing bees creating soft hums all around. A few dragonflies fly here and there on their brown wings, and all I can feel, is pure peace and calm.

I hear my name being called out, so I shift my gaze from the window to in front of me, to see Coco standing.

"We're partners," she smiles to me.

What in the world.

Coco Van Dijk is my partner.

Why do you hate me so much universe?

To be continued...

Author's Note

Sorry for pulling a 'to be continued'. (I'm actually not sorry because I love torturing you all :D)

Anyways, vote and comment or else I curse that you're stuck with unpoppable bubble wrap, which is like the worst thing to exist (after brocolli of course).

With love through health and sickness
Keziah