╰┈➤ 𝗳𝗮𝗸𝗲

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

Me and my friend Amaya walk on the sidewalk, our hands occupied with Starbucks coffee cups, from which we occasionally sip whilst conversing amongst the two of us. Amaya is training to become an architect and is mostly in Germany, but she finally got some time off and she came to visit me. We both have been hanging out a lot, meeting at every free moment we can make out so as to create as many memories as we can before she goes off to Germany again.

"I swear, you get so lonely without me," she begins, "you need a girlfriend."

I make a weird face at her, as if I smelled something weird. We were just talking about what kind of plants should I buy for my apartment, where did this topic come from?

"What are you talking about?" I let out, squeezing a little closer to her so as to let a group of teenagers pass us.

"I am saying, everytime you call me, you say, 'I am getting bored without you' or 'I need some things to do to spend my time' and a lot other things along the same lines."

I mean, she is not wrong, I do get bored without her. But why would she talk about me getting a girlfriend?

Suddenly, Amaya stops in her tracks. I keep on walking, only realising a few seconds later that she stopped. I turn around and see her looking across the road. I walk back to her, and follow her gaze to notice what she's looking at.

It's a girl, wearing a white doctors' coat.

"Who are you staring at?" I hiss, grabbing on her hand and ready to make her walk.

"That girl, she looks so pretty. You both will look so cute." She comments, a smirk on her face.

Amaya makes the weirdest comments at the weirdest of times.

"No, now let's go," I say, pulling her. But her grip is stronger than mine, so we both don't move, and end up staying in the same position. "Come on Amaya, we should go now!" I groan. I look up across the street to see the unknown girl coming to our side of the street. As she gets closer, I notice her blonde hair and her sharp jaw and her hazel eyes.

She looks so pretty.

Just as she comes closer to us, I feel Amaya's hand leaving mine. I look at her side to see she is not standing, but is instead lying on the ground.

What-

"-the hell Amaya!" I let out, bending at her level, holding onto her hand. I notice she slowly whispers at me, and places a finger on her lips, indicating I should stay silent.

What is this girl doing?

"Oh my god are you okay?"

I turn around to see the blonde girl looking down at me and Amaya, who's eyes are closed. My eyes widen as I see worry on the blonde girl's face. She bends down and places a finger on Amaya's wrist to check her pulse.

"She's breathing," the girl comments, "it's very hot, she must have passed out due to the sun."

"I- I swear she's fine-" I let out, confused on what is happening, my voice stuttering.

"I have my clinic just here," she says, pointing to a building right next to me, "you can bring her inside."

So she is a doctor.

"No she is fine, I promise, she's just-"

"Come on, let's bring her inside," the blonde says, holding onto Amaya's right arm and pulling her. I shake my head to myself and pull on Amaya's left arm and bring her inside the clinic. We lay Amaya on a bed inside.

"I'll be coming back in a minute," the blonde says, before walking out. As she leaves, Amaya's eyes shoot open and she looks at me and winks. I glare at her.

"What was this?" I whisper shout.

"Congratulations, I got you a date. You're welcome." Amaya says with a cheeky smile.

"I swear to god Amaya-"

I get cut off with the door opening. The same girl walks in and I turn to look at Amaya to see her with her eyes closed, faking that she's passed out again. The blonde sits in her chair and motions me to sit in the opposite chair.

"She'll be fine," she says, "it's just been so hot these days. Once she wakes up, I'll provide her with a glass of water. She'll feel better."

"Yeah yeah, it has been quite hot these days," I say. She nods at me and begins to scribble notes on a page. She tears the page from the pad and folds it once and hands it to me.

"Just some important precautions to take in this extreme hot weather, might come in handy," she explains with a smile.

"Thank you," I reply, opening the paper. I go through the precautions, making mental notes of them. At the end of the paper, I see something printed on the paper:

Dr. Coco Van Dijk 
10-xxx-xxxx

So I have her number now. Great work, Amaya.

Author's Note

Inspo for this oneshot:

:D

Anyways, drink water and eat something and don't forget to vote and comment!!

With love through health and sickness

Keziah