╰┈➤ 𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

My grip on the hard cover becomes a little strong, my eyes more wide than usual. The words written on the slight yellow pages capture me like a hand gripped onto a collar tightly. All I need are answers, and I continue to read about the mystery, creating suspicions regarding the mystery in my head. I flip over to a new page, letting the cliffhanger on the chapter I just finished sink in me.

I hear the door of the apartment opening. Knowing it's my girlfriend Coco, my gaze doesn't leave the words imprinted on the pages. But when I hear two sneezes and a cough, I immediately drop my book on the bedside table and rush out of the bedroom. Coco is sitting on the couch, her nose and cheeks tinted red. Another sneeze leaves her nose and she groans.

I walk to her and stand in front of her. She looks up at me. I raise my eyebrows skyward and then drop them back in a second, gesturing her to let me know what happened. All I receive as a reply is a cough and yet another sneeze.

I sigh and grip onto her hands, yanking her up from the couch. I take her in the bedroom and help her change her clothes to some comfortable pyjamas. After making her lay down under the covers, I hand her a box of tissues and go back out to get some medicine for her. From the cabinets in the kitchen, I grab some required pills and fill up a glass with water and go back inside. Coco is lying in the bed, rolled up under the covers.

"Have the medicine baby and then you can go to sleep," I say softly. She sits in the bed and takes the pills and swallows them with water. I place a kiss on her forehead and smile at her. She slumps back into the covers, coughing a little.

Knowing she loves hot chicken soup when she is cold, I go to make some. Cutting the chicken breasts and boiling a broth with veggies and herbs, I add the chicken to the broth and let it simmer for sometime. Once it's done I pour it in a bowl and place it on a tray along with a spoon and go back into the room.

"Coco get up bubs this chicken soup will make you feel better." I shake her body softly, the tray with the bowl of soup now on the bedside table. Coco lifts the blankets from her upper body, revealing her face and her messed up hair, which has a tissue stuck in it. I pull the tissue out and move her hair out from her eyes. She sits in the bed and I place the soup in her lap. Coco begins to drink it; the sound of her slurping softly echoes throughout the room. Once she's finished the soup, she lies back in the bed and beckons me to join her.

I walk around the bed and lie down next to her under the covers. She moves closer to me and rests her head on my chest. My hands move through her hair softly, sending her to sleep.

Pretty soon, the love of my life is sleeping in my embrace.

Author's Note

Well this was short, but cute 🥰

If you have any requests, please PLEASE let me know 😭 I need more ideas for oneshots

And don't forget to vote and comment!

With love through health and sickness
Keziah