╰┈➤ 𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

I hear the door of the house opening downstairs. I rush down, knowing it's my brother Ruel. But I stop instantly at the end of the staircase when I see that he's not alone.

He's with her.

His girlfriend.

The girl I fell in love with, but the feelings were never mutual.

"Would you like something bubs?" Ruel asks her.

"Just some water." she replies. Ruel nods at her and places a kiss on her cheek before going inside the kitchen. She sits on the couch, and looks around the living room before her eyes land on me.

"Coco babes!" She yells, getting up from the couch and running to me. She wraps her arms around me and I wrap mine around her waist.

Feeling her close to me sends warmth all throughout me.

"How are you?" She asks, pulling from the hug. "How was the trip?" Me and my friends went on a trip to Perth last week.

"I'm fine, and the trip was great. How are you though?" I ask, a fake smile plastered on my face.

"I'm doing great now that you're back!" She says, hugging me once again. "My older sister is back." She gives me a genuine smile.

"Bubs I got your water!" Ruel calls out from the couch. She runs back to the couch and sits next to Ruel, taking the bottle of water from him. I turn around on my heels and rush back up to my room.

I can't stay down anymore.

She has always looked at me like an older sister.

It was me who looked differently at her.

How silly of me to expect she thinks the same of me.

I enter my room and lock the door behind me, before sitting down on the edge of the bed. My eye sight becomes blurry; warm tears making their way down my face.

❄︎

"Coco, I want to talk to you," She asks, opening the door of my room slightly and peeking her head inside.

"Of course come in." I say, closing my laptop and keeping it on the side. She walks inside, closing the door behind her. She sits next to me on the bed and looks at me.

"Coco I think... I think I fell in love," She mumbles, looking in my eyes.

She... she fell in love.

"Oh," I let out, "who is it?"

She takes in a deep breathe, her body slightly shaking. I place my hand on hers and rub it softly, wanting her to calm down.

"It's my best friend," she begins, "Ruel."

My heart sinks through my chest. My throat begins to close up and my breathe hitches. Knowing I will be sitting in the pool of my tears in a few seconds, I say, "You n-need to confess to him. He came back from the studio; I heard him downstairs. Go and talk."

She looks at me, an incredulous look on her face. "You think I should talk to him?"

"Y-yeah you should," I get up from the bed and begin trodding to the washroom.

"A-all right, I'll let you know how it goes, thanks Coco."

And without replying to her, I walk inside the washroom and lock the door behind me. I slide down the door, bringing my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs. Two streams of tears begin coming down, warm and salty, leaving a trail behind as they go down.

I've lost her.

He loves her so much, and she doesn't know that.

She loves him so much, and he doesn't know that.

But now they will come to know that their feelings are entirely mutual among themselves.

I never got her.

She's his, not mine.

Author's Note

Well this was sad :')

And yes it was from Coco's pov, I didn't feel like specifying this in the beginning lmao

Anyways, vote and comment pleaseeeee 😫

With love through health and sickness
Keziah