╰┈➤ 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

A heavy hearted breathe escapes my mouth. My eyes come across the familiar sight, those blonde hair, those sharp eyes and features, but now, everything is more striking and prominent, even in this drizzle we are standing under.

She left me when I needed her the most and went all across the globe. We were so young, but I knew she was the one I wanted to be with. I fell for her.

And after all these years, I still love her.

"You're- you're back," I whisper. She nods her head slightly.

"I am." she says. The drizzle becomes slightly heavier, becoming more of a downpour and my hair begins to cling to my forehead and cheekbones. I feel rain drops running down my face, leaving a trail as they travel down. She walks closer to me, yet we have a certain distance among the two of us.

"Why would you leave me when I needed you? Best friends aren't supposed to leave each other when they need help you know," I speak. I feel something warm slide down my face. It takes a few seconds for me to realise they are tears, and not rain drops.

"I am sorry- I didn't mean to leave you in such a horrible situation,  you know I care so much about you-" She begins but I cut her off. 

"You were supposed to be there for me, but you left me, with no reasons and explanations. How was I supposed to cope with my best friend leaving me? I began shutting everyone out because the only one I wanted to talk to was you, but no, you decide to travel all across the globe, without even saying a 'goodbye'-"

"Listen-"

"I hate you. I hate you so much," I walk closer to her, closing the gap between us, so we are only a few metres apart, "and I hate how much I love you."

It takes a moment for the both of us to realise what I just said. My eyes widen and I look at her to see her with wide eyes too.

I fucked up.

"You- you love me?" She lets out. The rain becomes even more heavy, puddles surrounding us and the defeaning sound of the rain fills in our ears. The sound has become quite loud than before and I realise if we want to talk we need to raise our voice.

I don't say anything; my lips remain sealed shut. I struggle to form words and let them out.

"Why do you think I'm here huh?" She begins, and as I predicted, her voice is louder than before. "I travelled back to you again after all these years to apologise to you for leaving you. It was never my intention. That was what my family needed at that moment; so we left. But that isn't only what was left unsaid amongst us."

She moves closer to me and her hand rests against my cheek. Her hand provides me warmth in this cold weather and reminds me of when we were kids and used to snuggle under the same blanket.

"I love you too."

I swallow the huge lump in my throat. Before I know it, her mouth is gently placed against mine, and I taste the raindrops on her lips. She pulls apart and walks a certain distance away from me.

"Don't you get it," She yells, "I love you and I always have." With that, she turns around and walks into the horizon, my body longing to follow her and be with her for the rest of my life.

Author's note

AAAHHH I hope you enjoyed this one!

Also just wanted to let y'all know that requests are open, so if you want me write something certain, I'll be more than happy to develop your ideas!

I often lack creativity so requests will be highly appreciated (:

But you know the drill, NO SMUT

Anyways, take care of yourselves please <3

With love through health and sickness
Keziah