╰┈➤ 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

The wind blows angrily against the houses, making the doors bang aggressively. The leaves on the trees are rustling, making a loud noise, as the gusts of wind force them down from the branches onto the road and the sidewalk. So many leaves have fallen by now that an ariel view of the city would show the roads to be green in color.

Kicking my feet through the leaves, trying to have a clear path, I run. I run as if my life depends on it. As if it's the end of the world, and there is no place for me to be safe at.

Except one.

Her house.

The place where I found utmost love and care the moment I needed it the most.

Her touch and comfort is all I need.

The tears keep on making their way down my face as two never ending streams, but I don't bother to wipe them. The feeling of moisture on my face is extremely usual for me, and the only one who I'm willing to wipe the tears off of my face is her.

Only her.

❄︎

The clock strikes 10.30, and I finally get up from the bed and go out of our apartment to my car parked outside. My girlfriend Skylar is a musician in the making, and she has been staying at the studio till 10.00 pm everyday since the past two weeks. At 10.00 pm she always calls me to pick her up, because she is too tired to drive on her own. But today I didn't receive a call from her until 10.30 pm so I decide to go and see what is keeping her from calling me.

A few pessimistic thoughts clink around in my brain, like ice in a glass full of juice. I try my best to push them away, but my worry for her wellbeing overpowers my optimistic thoughts of her possibly being okay.

I reach the studio quite soon; luckily it isn't that far away from our apartment. Knowing my way through the studio like the back of my hand, I walk through the hallways with cream walls and wooden flooring. I pass by the paintings hanging on the walls which I see everyday, but this time, I don't stop to admire them.

A few sweat beads make their way down my forehead and the thumping of my heart becomes audible to my ears whilst I am turning a corner, leading to the room Skylar is always in.