╰┈➤ 𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘀

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼 𝗩𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝗷𝗸

Novalunosis
(n.) the state of relaxation and
wonderment experienced
while gazing upon the stars

I grip onto my jacket, bringing it closer to me. It's quite cold today, I wonder, walking on the sidewalk as I kick pebbles and rocks lying in my path. It's a beautiful starry night, and every time there are stars, I always do one thing.

Stargazing.

I go to stargaze in a park quite close to my house. I lie down in the grass and look at the beautiful glowing balls in the sky. They light up the sky like nothing else. When one looks up the sky, they notice the stars and the moon first, and then the dark indigo sky.

Everytime I come out to stargaze, thoughts wander around in my head, as if my head is a flower and the thoughts are buzzing bees. I like to give time to myself to think, it helps me get my priorities straight, my dreams and goals the way I want them. In one way, you can say stargazing helps me stay organised.

But it isn't always just organising, sometimes I like to think of other things, like my speculations of the universe, the other people, the way life goes and a lot more. Thinking gives me peace. But sometimes, I tend to overthink. And that overthinking has almost led to some bad events in the past.

I reach the park, and I enter inside. I walk some distance to my fixed spot, which is full of lush grass. As I reach there, I remove my shoes on the side and allow my bare feet to walk on the grass, shooting tingles to my spine. I lay down, and my eyes go straight to the beautiful stars.

A sigh escapes my lips. Not a heavy hearted one, but a calm one, that instantly puts me at peace. There is not even a single cloud in sight today. It's a clear sky, with the stars shining their heart out.

Sometimes I wonder what clouds really mean. Clouds are like a mask, which hide the beauty behind themselves; the stars and the moon. Clouds are like sky's own façade; hiding the real thing. They are nothing but huge white substances looking like cotton floss, but behind them are stars, which are like beacons of hope, holding wonderment and secrets amongst themselves. They are the lost souls of the world, flashing pinpricks in the veil of darkness.

In humanity, people tend to be attracted more to people who are beautiful from the outside. But the truth is, a person should look for a beautiful inside. A person who has a beautiful heart and a beautiful soul will provide you the time of your life when you're with them. They will make you experience things you've never even thought of before. They will make living worthy.

The crunch of the grass reaches my ears, making me turn my head around. I notice a blonde haired girl standing in the grass, looking at me. I get up from the ground and brush off the grass from my pants and jacket.

"Hello," the girl says.

"Hi," I reply, smiling slightly.

"Stargazing?" She simply asks, her head turning up to look at the sky.

"Yeah, you too?"

"Yeah." Her head tilts back down to look at me. "Can I join you?"

"Sure," I say, laying back in the grass. A few seconds later I feel her lie down next to me.

"The stars, they provide a sensational feeling, don't they?" She comments, the stars reflecting in her eyes.

"They do," I agree, "the stars are what make me happy, they make me feel complete. Stargazing is my favorite thing to do."

"Mine too," she says, "they provide a unique sort of happiness nothing else can provide me."

A comfortable silence wraps around the two of us, as we both continue to gaze at the magnificence above us. A slight cold breeze begins to blow, brushing the tender grass against my skin. I feel my nose reddening slightly due to the cold.

"What do these represent to you?" I ask.

She takes a moment to think. "For me, they are like all the people I've lost. After they left me, they became a star, shining against the black veil. I am afraid to lose the people I love, but everytime I look up at the stars, I realise that I will never be alone. Everyone who I thought I have lost are actually looking up at me from above." She explains, her eyes twinkling. Warmth rushes through me as I absorb every word she has said, articulating them perfectly. "What do you think of them?" She asks, slightly tilting her head to look at me.

"I like to think of every star as a dream every human on this Earth ever had," I begin. "A starry sky to me looks like an endless void of possibilities. It shows we should dream and we should dare to accomplish the dream. It keeps me motivated." I tilt my head to look at her, and her eyes meet mine. Her hazel eyes provide me a softness, making me feel warm in this cold weather. The stars and the moon uplift her features, making her seem as if she's silver.

She feels like home.

❄︎

That day, I met a new person. A person who made me feel unique feelings and showed me different ways to look at the world. She is the missing piece of me which I didn't know I had ever lost. Her eyes, her nose, her lips, her hair, her heart, her soul, she's perfect from the outside and the inside.

Everyone calls her Coco.

I have the opportunity to call her mine.

Author's Note

Yeah this one was... deep. The thoughts in this book are literally the things I think when I can't sleep at night ✋😫

Vote and comment to be ✨swaggy✨

I adore you all smm <3

With love through health and sickness
Keziah