༶•chapter 2•༶

"Luka!"

"Luka!"

"Come on dummy cheer up!"

His small cheeks were flushed red and his eyes were swollen from crying. He had broken his favourite pick, and was sobbing over it. He held the broken pieces in his hands and showed you, "Y/n! Please fix it!"

His voice was fragile and cracked when he said your name. Your tiny hands picked up the broken pieces, "don't worry! I'll fix it! Stay here!" You called out, running down the street to your house. You bursted through the door and called for your mother.

She rushed over to you and once you told her the story of what happened, she helped you glue the pieces back together. It wasn't in the shape to be used again, but you didn't think of that at the time. And Luka didn't either. His tears dried once you showed him the pick. "I told you I'd fix it, dummy!"

You and Luka were now walking on the sidewalk, you were both headed in the direction of the school with plenty of time to spare.

Ahead you could spot Jelukas figure, she never walked with you and Luka. Maybe it was because there wasn't enough room on the sidewalk, or maybe it was because she sometimes didn't like being seen with you two. Solely because you liked to tease her every time you saw Rose approaching them.

You giggled at the thought of Jeluka scolding you, when you felt something cold being stuffed into your ear. You quickly looked up at the tall boy beside you. He had a small smile on his lips as he raised his phone up to your face and waved it around.

"Wanna pick the song?"

"You know I do." You grinned, snatching his phone and scrolling down on the music app until you found the perfect playlist.

"Luka and Y/n's playlist!" The title read. You smiled, remembering that one summer when you and Luka stayed up practically all night finding the perfect songs to add to the playlist. Luka tapped his fingers along his leg as the bass increased on the song. It was '505' by Arctic Monkeys. It was a recent song you had added. (Where are my Arctic Monkey fans?? x)

As the chorus came on you felt yourself get excited. The song made you happy and even though you sucked at it, it made you want to dance.

"What's your locker number?"

"12, you?"

"17.." Luka groaned, another year sharing a locker with a random schoolmate. You and Luka had only shared a locker once, and that was in your first year of high school.

You made a mess of the locker, throwing your books and gym items in it without care. You always left Luka to clean up the mess. He sometimes scolded you for it, but he never stayed mad.

"Here" you snapped Luka out of his thoughts, by handing him the earbud. He took it and quickly put the headphones away in his bag. You both walked into the school, comfortable silence engulfed you both once you exchanged greetings with some friends.

You and Luka were in the same friend group, so it was easy to make time to hang out with each other.

"Luka! Y/n!" You felt a warm arm wrap around your shoulder, their other hand was also wrapped around Luka. "Sage!" You exclaimed happily, turning around and leaping into your friends chest.

The dark skinned girl before you grinned and hugged you, her eyes were a bright green and her smile was bright and welcoming. You and Luka met Sage on your first year of high school.

She was the first to talk to you both. She was kind and made you feel less tense, "Sage how have you been?" Luka asked, looking down at the bubbly girl. She smiled, "I've been great! Much better now that I get to see you two!"

You chuckled and kept a light conversation before checking the time, ten minutes to the bell. You and Luka waved goodbye to Sage and headed towards your lockers. "This is me.." You groaned, watching as Luka laughed. "Don't look so sad, I'm only five lockers away."

"Thats five lockers too far!" You joked, unlocking the locker and throwing a few books in it. You had forgotten that you had to share a locker.

You saw a few pictures of some celebrities, and a few books on the top half of the locker. You groaned and then watched as Luka playfully ruffled your hair before walking to his own locker. You both waved to each other before heading to your own classes.

"This is going to be a long day.." You whined, walking into your first class of the day.

Chemistry.

You hated chemistry with a burning passion, but you knew that it was an important class.
You sat down at the back of the class, just beside a shiny window.

You set your bag down and opened your book. The window beside you showed a beautiful view of Paris, the Eiffel Tower was straight ahead, it was far away but yet you could see it clearly.

Maybe this class wouldn't be so bad after all.

༶•༶•༶•༶

"I hate that class!" You whined, slamming your fists on the grass outside of the school. You, Sage, Luka and your two other friends Jax and Scarlett were all sitting down on the soft green grass.

It was lunch time now, and they were listening to you ramble on and on about how you hated chemistry and how you despised your other classes due to being called out to answer questions. "Don't be dramatic!" Jax said, tossing a piece of pretzel in his mouth. His chocolate eyes locked with yours and you scowled.

Him and Sage were munching on a few pretzels and Luka was busy writing in his music book. You watched as the blue haired boy was so focused. His pen was spinning in his hand and his eyebrows were knit together. You stared at him for a while before

Scarlett slapped you in the back of the head. She had been slapping the back of your head every time you said something dumb, "you'll be fine. Just be prepared to answer questions next time." She scolded, watching as you rubbed the back of your head and glared at the brunette angrily.

"What about you Luka?" You asked, watching as the blue haired boy looked up from his book and shrugged his shoulders, "my classes are boring, but they aren't too difficult."

"Not yet they aren't." Jax retorted, finishing the last bit of pretzels. You laughed, watching as Sage argued with Jax about wanting the last bit of the snack. "Don't worry princess, I'll go get you something from the vending machine."

You stood up, grinning at the hungry girl on the grass. She smiled so brightly at you, and you just grinned.  "Anyone else want something?" You asked, looking down at your friends. They shook their heads no, and you looked at Luka. He smiled at you, telepathically knowing that you would get both of your favourite snack.

You walked away to the vending machine just across from the yard, you placed your hands in your pockets and searched for some loose change. You found a few coins and slid them in the machine.

Beep beep beep.

You clicked the buttons on the machine and waited patiently for the food to fall at the bottom.

"What the hell?" You hissed. The bag of gummy bears was stuck at the edge of the holder. "No no, that was my last coin" you dipped your head down and tried kicking the machine. You took your anger out on the large machine and threatened it. You must have looked insane doing that, but you didn't care.

That was until a soft voice appeared behind you.