༶•chapter 20•༶

A calloused hand reached out to you in the night as you shivered and shook. The darkness surrounded you, sending an anxiety attack your way.

Your breathing was ragged and heavy. You took the hand in yours and squeezed tightly. You felt your bed dip with the new added weight. Luka was now beside you, holding your hand ever so tightly. "It's okay
Y/N, I'm here." Those few words were enough to calm you down.

You flipped the thick, warm sheets over your body and nuzzled into the pillow, still holding onto Luka's hand.

He moved closer to you and nuzzled his head in your neck, "it's okay to be afraid."

You sighed and turned to face his way. Your eyes locked through the dark room, "I don't want to be afraid anymore."

Luka's expression softened, "having fears are what make us human.. plus, you know I'll always be here to hold your hand through the dark."

༶•༶•༶

"Y/N we're going to be late!" Luka yelled up the stairs to you. You heard his voice echo through your bathroom. "One more minute!"

You fixed your hair carefully and fixed the collar of your shirt with ease.

After grabbing a few things, and making sure you had everything, you made your way downstairs towards Luka.

He was waiting for you, standing with his hands in his jeans pockets. You looked at him with a wide grin, "usually I'm the one who's rushing you."

You wrapped your arms around the guitarist neck and pulled him into you. A small kiss was exchanged before Luka responded, "new year new me."

You rolled your eyes and followed Luka out of your house door. Luka pulled out headphones and handed you one while inserting the other in his ear.

You swiped his phone and played (F/S.)

As you walked along the familiar path to your school, you felt a wave of happiness mixed with sadness wash over you.

All the memories you and Luka had together as kids, were slowly starting to be replaced by newer memories.

You squeezed Luka's hand tightly and smiled up at him. You didn't say anything to him, just smiled.

As you entered the school you've had so many memories at, you began to feel nostalgia. You disliked school, I mean who wouldn't, but at the same time you didn't want the happy times you had there to end.

Scarlett approached the two of you with a wide grin on her face, "senior's huh?"

You sighed, "I cant believe it's gone by so fast."

Both Scarlett and Luka nodded their heads in agreement.

The three of you chatted for a while before Jax and Sage joined the two of you.

Things were still a little tense between you and Jax after everything that had happened. Well after everything you had done.

After you realized you had strong feelings for Luka, you had no choice but to explain the whole situation to Jax in the kindest way possible. Although nothing about rejection is kind.
____

The bell rang for school to end and your first day of senior year had come to an end. Luka and you walked home together hand in hand, "my place?" Luka asked you, waiting politely for your response.

You nodded your head and sparked light conversation.

After a while you reached Luka's house, you both walked up on the deck and watched as the clouds in the sky shifted their position. Silence engulfed you two, but it was comfortable.

"Luka." You spoke softly, catching his attention.

"Hm?" Luka turned to you.

You reached out to cup his face with a gentle touch, I love you." You whispered, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

The blue haired boy stood wide eyed before a small smile formed on his lips. "I love you too."

"I always have. Ever since we were kids."

Hey guys! Thank all so much for reading this story!! I had so much fun writing, and reading all your kind comments. I will be creating more stories soon, so make sure to check them out:)

I love you all<33