༶•chapter 16•༶

"Maybe we should invite her to sit with us?"

"That's a good idea, but you have to be the one asking." Luka gripped onto your high school blazer. It was your very first day of high school and you and Luka had spotted a certain red haired girl sitting alone at lunch.

You and Luka immediately felt like it would be an opportunity to make new friends.

"What? Why do I have to ask!" You tried tearing Luka's hand off your blazer but he wouldn't budge, "because you're better at socializing.."

You scoffed and pulled Luka up from the wooden bench you two were sitting on. You walked over to the red haired girl and introduced yourself and the nervous blue haired boy behind you.

And that was how you met the first person to be in your friend group.

༶•༶•༶

"You need to make a move." Scarlett sternly said, flicking your forehead. "I agree with Scar, you can't wait for him to come to you."

You deflated into your chair, "what if I ruin our friendship? If he doesn't accept my feelings then everything will be ruined."

Sage pulled a chair from her kitchen table beside you. She placed a hand on your shoulder and softly smiled, "you need to take a chance Y/N. From what you've told us, it doesn't seem like he would reject your feelings. So go for it, and don't be nervous."

"But-" You were about to speak, but you were cut off by Scarlett.

"Enough with all the negative thoughts Y/N. Just go for it like Sage said. The more you wait and doubt his feelings, the farther away he's going to get.

Luka is probably thinking the same things you are thinking right now. So just go, and tell him exactly how you feel. If he doesn't accept the way you feel, then me and Sage will be here for you."

Her words were actually quite helpful and they made you sit up straighter. Your mind was no longer filled with doubt, and you liked it.

"You know what?" You spoke clearly, standing up. "I'm going to do it."

You felt a serge of excitement and nervousness flood through you like a river. Sage and Scarlett gave you the thumbs up as you grabbed your bag and practically ran out the door. You pulled out your phone and almost dropped it a few times due to your nerves that were making your hands shake.

You called Luka a few times, and when he didn't answer you just assumed he was busy with music. Usually when he's writing new songs he turns off his phone. You always used to scold him for that because you were never able to get a hold of him.

"I'll just leave a message..." You nervously mumbled.

"Hey Luka.. It's Y/N- obviously you knew that though because you have my number- but anyway I'm coming over now. There's something I have to tell you. Okay bye-"

And with that, you clicked the end button and the message sent. Your feet were moving quicker now, along with your heart. The closer you got to his house, the more you felt like throwing up.
____

You finally reached the boat with a nervous smile on your face. You slowly walked up the steps and were about to open the little gate. You didn't open it however. Inside you just watched the scene in front of you. Luka was standing on the very end of the boat with Marinette beside him.

You felt a surge of anger and sadness all balled into one. "Don't jump to conclusions Y/N." You whispered to yourself, ducking down a little bit, ensuring that you wouldn't be seen.

You were in range to hear what they were saying, except they were speaking quietly. You cursed and tried moving closer, but you couldn't or else you were sure they would see you.

And so you just watched. Watched as they both smiled and laughed. Jealousy coursed through your veins. You knew you should leave, it was rude to eavesdrop.

But your feet wouldn't move, you were glued to the very position you were crouching in. Your eyes wouldn't move either. They were stuck on the scene in front of you. Luka was moving closer to Marinette and you wanted to shut your eyes.

He stepped right up to her and pulled her into a hug. His hands were wrapped tightly around her waist, and hers were around his neck.

Your heart shattered slowly, and you felt like crying. He had probably asked her to be his girlfriend or something.

"You fool, he would never like you." You whispered to yourself and waited for the tears to spill down your cheeks.

But they never fell, instead you were just stuck with an aching feeling in your heart.

༶•༶•༶

"He held my- my- hand and called me- me- pretty..." You were now full on sobbing to Sage and Scarlett. But both of them weren't having it, "Y/N it was just a hug.

"You can't jump to conclusions!" Scarlett scolded you, while Sage just handed you a tissue box. "But he was probably- probably- confess-ing his love for her!" Tears spilled down your cheeks, one after the other.

Deep down inside you knew that jumping to conclusions was wrong, but your heart was telling you otherwise.

"He will never love me." You weakly managed to say. Sadness seeped through your words, "don't say that Y/N." Sage whispered, patting you on the back. "But it's true! He likes her and not me. It's not fair." Your vision went foggy and all you could see was wet tears dripping down onto Sage's hardwood floor.

"Y/N.. don't say things like that until you know the truth." Scarlett wiped your tears with a soft tissue. You sniffled and flopped to the floor. You felt like disappearing, "Y/N." Scarlett shook you. "What?" You groaned, grabbing another tissue and blowing your nose.

"Don't be sad."

That's all she said. You looked up at her and noticed the concerned look on her face, "I saw the way he looked at her." You mumbled, sitting up from the cold floor. You pushed away a few strands of hair in your face and sighed, "he likes her. I know he does."

Sage slapped your leg, "don't say that."

You hissed, "and why not? I'm being realistic."

"You're not. You need to confront him about it instead of sulking like a child."

Sage narrowed her eyes at you, an angry look took over her usual kind expression, "either you confront him or I will."

Right at that moment coincidentally your phone rang.

You glared at your two friends before picking it up with a loud sigh. You clicked the answer button and held the phone to your ear.

A low sniffle escaped from your mouth before you spoke softly,

"Hello?"