Chapter Thirty Eight

Rey awoke to a blast of music near her ears. Her body twitched violently as her eyes widened. She turned around to see the droid assigned to her rolling back and forth.

"Good morning! It is 07:30!" XE-Atey Three beeped wildly, rolling back and forth. The tune still blared from what she presumed to be a speaker in his system.

"Yes, I realize that Atey, could you please turn off the music?" Rey asked, thoroughly annoyed.

"Yes ma'am! Anything else I can do for you this morning?" It chirped. The music had stopped and she rubbed her temples to clear the oncoming headache.

"No, Atey. Just let me get ready." She replied.

"I can help you get ready if you'd like! The Supreme Leader programmed me with many skills regarding such things, such as makeup, how to put together outfits, hair styles, waxing, scrubbing, cleaning and many more! Do any of these interest you?" The droid asked.

Although it peaked Rey's interest that he had programmed such a deep list of abilities for her droid, she just wanted to change. "No, not today."

Atey hummed in understanding. "Alright then! I'll leave you to it!"

As Atey rolled away from her room, Rey slowly started to get out of bed and to her new closet. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and randomly picked something to wear, settling on a dark navy blue tunic. Going to her dresser, she found matching trousers and a brown boot. After finding a matching brown belt, Rey quickly dressed. It then dawned on her that she didn't find any arm coverings like she normally wore. She shrugged and just decided to make some of her own, ripping up a tan tunic and using the strips to cover up her forearms just in case she needed the extra protection.

Rey went to the bathroom and began to brush her hair out. She watched herself as she pulled the brush down each section. Her hair had gotten significantly longer since the last time she had seen Kylo in person. It flowed down to the center of her back and had a slight wave to it. If she still lived in Jakku, now would be the time that she would cut it to save herself the hassle and time of putting in buns and ponytails. Rey moved to brush her hair into a ponytail, sticking to a style she knew and loved before any idea came to her.

"Atey! Come here please." She called.

The sound of the droid's wheels soon came into view and she smiled down at it. Atey beeped alive, "At your service!"

"Hi, Atey, you mentioned hairstyles? What do you know about them?" Rey asked.

"Just about everything! I know how to style hairstyles depending the face shape and hair texture. I was programmed wiht a lot of knowledge on how to do them. If I don't know the hairstyle by the name, show a picture and I can copy it!" Atey replied enthusiastically.

"Do you know what hairstyle would suit me?" Rey was curious. She didn't care if she looked good, she just was wondering if she could take advantage of a knowledgable droid to spice up her appearance.

The droid moved back from her and seemed to analyze her hair and face. She pushed her hair away from her facial features just in case that was what Atey needed. When it was done, it moved forward. "You have a heart shaped face. Hairstyles to best suit a heartshaped face would be a middle part with waves, caramel highlights, a blunt bob-"

"That's good, that's good." She cut him off. "How should I style my hair the way it is to make it look best, without having to cut it or add whatever caramel highlights are?"

"A middle part would look nice. If you're looking for mobility, perhaps have a half up half down style with a middle part as well as facial framing layers." Atey said.