Chapter Ten

Rey opened the door again to face only Jenkins. He nervously stepped side to side until he noticed her. When he did, his eyes widened and he dropped his hands before releasing a mighty sigh.

"Where did Rose go?" she questioned lightly, looking around the hallway for her friend.

"She said she had to go check on Finn." Jenkins said. His long, white hair contrasted his dark skin heavily as he twisted it in his fingers, making eye contact with the floor. In between words, he shot a nervous gaze at her. "Something about him stress eating? I don't know, him and I aren't well acquainted."

Rey let out a breathy laugh, opening the door wider for him to enter. "Ah yes, that sounds like him. Here, come on in."

He stepped in cautiously. As he studied her room, she studied him. She leaned back against the door and scanned his body for curiosity's sake. He was far shorter than she was anticipating, standing a little above her. He had a petite and slightly feminine build, his shoulders slim and tucked as his arms dangled from his sides. His legs and arms were very long in comparison to the rest of his body and quite skinny. The tunic he wore hung loosely off of him and his pants only hugged his shins. His white hair hung wildly off his head except for a few elaborate braids that laid messily atop the rest. The angles of his face were sharp, similar to that of his identical twin brother. His green eyes were defined by thick, blonde eyelashes. His eyes finally caught hers and she didn't try to hide the fact she was staring at him.

Rey bounced her body off of the door and took a few steps towards him. She straightened herself out before crossing her arms and extending a gentle smile. "So what did you need to talk to me about?"

Jenkins bit his lip in anxiety. He pointed to a chair. "Mind if I sit?"

"Help yourself," she said as she sat on her poorly made bed. He collapsed onto her chair and made stern eye contact.

"Well, I'm sure you were able to tell since I know you're really strong in the Force," Jenkins began, licking his dry lips. "I am able to use the Force a little bit. I'm not trained and I know I'll never be as strong as you but I can use it a little."

Rey gently spoke up. "Well, I'm sure with training you could improve more than you think."

He shrugged his small shoulders. "I suppose but anyways, that's not the point. The point is that Ra can't use the Force. Like, at all."

She nodded along slowly, already knowing this information but expecting a little more. "Yes, I saw that."

Jenkins licked his lips again. Rey had a feeling this was a nervous habit of his and she hated to admit that it slightly annoyed her. "Ah, well go figures. This caused some issues which is why he has such a cold exterior but I really don't want you to judge him based after the way he acts."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would I judge him?"

He raised his brow knowingly. "Come on, I know that he gives off a bad vibe!"

"Oh, um, I guess that is a little hard to deny," she stumbled, heat flushing to her face. Jenkins nodded along.

"Now, I don't think I can tell you the whole story because it's not mine to tell but I'll tell you parts." He continued. "When we were 13, our parents made us go live with our uncle who trained with Luke Skywalker before Kylo Ren went to the academy. They wanted us to be trained in the Force but I'm the only one who can and this made Ra, oh I mean Raanan, mad. He spent years searching for someone to share his frustrations with. This made him feel super bad and think really similarly to the Dark Side values.

"So when we were 16, he found his own teacher who was a Knight of Ren. She tried to show him the Dark Side and it did not take much convincing on her end. He quickly wanted to join her and become a Knight himself. He shaved off all of his hair, which if you didn't know, is very disrespectful in our culture. It never grew back. Through all of this, the Knight and him fell in love. And then, Snoke found out about their relationship and instructed Ren to kill her."