Chapter Seven

*a/n- happy birthday to our king adam driver 👑🥰 (november 19th)

Rey basked in her success on her journey down the hill, smiling at herself for her accomplishment. She was barely counting down the minutes to when they could begin studying and silently cursed herself for leaving him just a few moments ago. She knew that if she stayed on the mountain too long though, people would get curious and she wasn't good at lying. She sighed, knowing it was for the best but still wanting to be in Kylo's presence.

Once she entered the base, Finn came rushing up to her. He escorted her to what they called the "War Room" as that's where they discussed their tactics and strategies for upcoming events.

Worry plagued his features and she instinctively began to wonder what could've happened. He gave her a quick hug once they had arrived and took a deep swallow. Members of the Resistance sat in silence as they watched their exchange. Several people stopped what they were doing and looked at them with concerned eyes. Many leaned in and begun whispering words Rey couldn't make out.

"Finn?" she questioned. She scanned the room only to sense real worry from nearly every individual. "What's wrong? Are you alright? Has something happened?"

"Rey," Finn started, twirling a piece of his hair in his fingers. "I'm sorry, I know you were just done meditating but I thought you would be mad if I didn't tell you so when I saw you through the window, I came running here and-"

"What's wrong?" Rey interrupted, her brows furrowed in frustration. "Please tell me what's going on, Finn."

"I'm sorry! I really am! It's all my fault!" He said, letting tears stream down his face. He collapsed upon a chair, his head heavy in his hands. Rose emerged from behind and wrapped her arms around him as she gently rubbed his arm. He buried his face into her shoulder, letting himself fully succumb to his emotions.

Rose gave a solemn look to Rey, a sigh escaping her lips. "Poe's gone."

Confusion crossed her mind as she stumbled over her words. "Poe's gone?"

Rose nodded. She scanned the room to see every one else giving sad nods or staring intently at the floor. She looked back at Finn, who was still buried into his companion's shoulder. Her mouth hung open in shock and so many questions flooded to the surface.

"Why? How? When?" She let the words fall out from her lips. "What would make him do this?"

Rose patted Finn on the shoulder, singling him to stand upright and face Rey. "Tell her."

He sniffled and looked at Rey. He wiped his tears away and stood up straight. Rose held his hand, drawing small circles on the outside with her fingers to comfort him. He took a deep sigh, his breath audibly shaking.

"It's all my fault, Rey." Finn started to which Rose shook her head but looked down. It was clear to Rey they disagreed on this topic. "He came to me today, after you went with Rose. He started asking me questions about my relationship with her and my relationship with you. He was getting really irritated or annoyed and nothing I said seem to calm him down and-"

There was a visible pause so tense that Rey imagined the world had stopped for a moment.

"After a few minutes, he tried to kiss me."

Rey's mouth opened a little. She had definitely forgotten about his attraction to both genders as she had mainly witnessed him seducing ladies. Suddenly, it made sense. That was why he was so upset when Rose and Finn got together. He wanted Finn for himself. He was in love with the man and couldn't express it. She placed a hand over her mouth, her heart reaching out to Poe as she felt his heartbreak.