Chapter Three

"Thank you so much, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it." Rey said to the nurse that had just fixed up her wounds. Unfortunately, the cuts on her arm and leg were far deeper than she had anticipated so she had to get stitches but, after several minutes of sucking in her breath and biting her lip, the pain subsided.

"Oh, honey, it's my job to take care of you!" The sweet nurse said, smiling generously. "Now, I want you to come back in a little over a week so we can take those stitches out, okay? And wait about a day or two before showering so they don't get damaged. After that, pat them dry when you're done, just don't soak. No baths or anything like that. Make sure you're not putting much pressure on that leg too, we don't want the cut to get deeper from too much movement. Be gentle with your body, sweetheart."

Rey smiled. "I will. Thanks again!"

The nurse nodded and let her leave medical, something Rey had been wanting to do since she entered hours ago. She shivered a little, the cold liquid the nurse had used to help her skin before she stitched it back together made her spine dance a little. A long, white bandage was wrapped around her leg to stop the bleeding and it reminded her of its presence with every step she took. She was given another roll of the bandage material so she could re-wrap her leg after showers. A thinner material was on her arm but she was instructed to go to the nurse to change it every few days so they could check her arm for possible infections.

She was drained and forced herself into bed, fast asleep by the evening and remaining that way until late in the morning the next day. By the time she was awake, lunch had already begun. She scrambled her body up, still in the same clothes as the day before and walked her way to obtain some food, her stomach growling at her for not eating before she slept.

She slide into the cafeteria and placed herself firmly at the lunch line. Their food supply wasn't at it's strongest but no one was starving and that's all they could ask for. A few different types of cereal were the options for lunch as well as some simple ham sandwiches. The real treat was the bright, green apples that were at the end of the line. Her mouth was salivating at the chance to eat the delicious fruit as it was a delicacy on Jakku. Honestly, most food was a delicacy on Jakku but that didn't stop her from becoming excited at looking at the green orb.

She placed a ham sandwich in her hands along with the fruit and a container of water. She figured she would take this time to meditate and reconnect with the Force. She found her room after searching the halls and lightly placed her food on her desk. She stretched her arms out and yawned, letting them fall to her side as she moved to sit down.

"That's all you have to eat?" A low voice said in the air.

Rey jumped forward, extending her arm to gather her staff in her arm through the Force to fight the intruder in one swift motion. Kylo Ren stood as still as a board near her door, his body not reacting to her sudden movements. She frowned and set her staff down, turning her back to him as she huffed.

"Yes it's all I have to eat," she said bitterly. She opened up the bag with her ham sandwich and placed it in her hand. She swiveled around in her chair to face him, taking a large bite out of her food. "And what's wrong with that?"

Her words came out muffled because of the food in her mouth and she deeply regretted talking with her mouth full. Kylo Ren scoffed at her, turning his head ever so slightly to the side. He knew she needed to be eating more nourishing food to fuel her body instead of the meek thing she claimed was her meal though Kylo knew she was too stubborn to admit it. Confusion filled his mind for the briefest of seconds as he questioned why he even cared about what she consumed. He turned back to her, gazing into her hazel eyes that twinkled with a challenge.