Chapter Nineteen

After a day or so, Rey was finally released from medical. She was itching to leave, the phantom feeling of being sick rushing into her.

She was signing a few pieces of paper confirming her stay with Clementine. Swiftly, she lifted the pen off the paper on the last line. "Done!"

"Perfect!" Clementine exclaimed. She grabbed the papers in her hand, clicking the bottom against the table to straighten them out. "You are free to go!"

"Thank you so much," Rey began. She placed her hand over the nurse's and gave a genuine smile. "I appreciate it more than you know."

The nurse in turn gave a generous grin while she squeezed the young Jedi's hand. "Of course, dear. Don't forget that I am always here to talk to, it's part of my job." She gave her a quick wink before patting her hand. "Now, go enjoy the rest of your day while the sun is still up!"

Rey returned the wink as she left the medical ward. "Yes, ma'am!"

She wandered the halls for a bit to stretch out her sore legs. Soon, she got sick of being trapped in the building and left as she found an exit. The sweet air hit her and she breathed in deeply to fill her lungs. A long sigh escaped her lips and she closed her eyes for a moment, relishing in the second of peace.

She peeked from beneath her eyelids to admire the scene before her. She was at the back exit of the base and saw a whole new side of the beautiful planet they were on. Flush, green plants covered the ground. Their leaves stuck out, some in elaborate shapes and some simple and straight. Moss stuck tightly to the rocks around as if it was afraid they would lose a friend. Rey saw it and immediately agreed with herself that green was her favorite color. She was never sick of the beauty it presented.

Tall trees stood far in the distant. The trunks were a deep shade of brown while its leaves were a mixture of yellow and green, a memorizing swirl pattern on the surface. Weaving in between the trees and the plants was a little brown path. The dirt was stepped on by people for years and Rey started to walk along the trail.

She heard the animals actively talking to each other and stopped to see chipmunks shoving nuts into their mouths. Her head turned to the side a little in utter confusion. She did not understand why they would have so much food in their cheeks at once without eating it. Her hand crept to pet them and they recoiled away in fear, scurrying off into the thick grass with their chunky cheeks. She frowned but continued on the trail. After a while, she heard water flowing and started to follow the sound.

A large leaf stuck out from a tree and when she pushed it back to hear the sound of the water, she gasped loudly at the breathtaking sight. A large waterfall pumped water out, making it aggressively splash into the lake below. The water looked enchanting, it's blue yet green tint shining. She saw the rocks and sand beneath as well as life bustling around. Fish swam and twirled underneath the surface and she smiled. She ran towards the water and stuck her hand in it. It was warm and it made her smile grow. She scanned around to take in more of the scene.

A huge rock stood by the side of the lake, far away from the actual water. Her breath caught in her mouth when she saw a figure sitting on top of it. Rey quietly approached it, her feet mushing against the damp dirt. When she got closer, she saw the dark skin underneath the stumbled white hair. She sucked in a breath as her brain made her remember who it was.

She hoisted her body onto the rock and situated herself by his side, still leaving plenty of room between them. She gently spoke up. "Hello, Raanan."

"Jedi." His rough voice spit out but he continued to look forward.

Rey swallowed deeply. "How have you been?"

"Why does that matter?" He turned his head to look at her, his black eyes freezing her body.