Chapter Forty One

Rey slept well, practically throwing herself upon the mattress after changing. Perhaps it was the alcohol or maybe the satisfaction of teasing Kylo that lulled her into a dreamless sleep but wherever the source was, she was glad she tapped into it to recharge her body. Especially considering the day ahead.

She didn't wake up to an alarm, as Atey wasn't scheduled to wake her. Instead, she felt herself grow conscious of the room she was in and the senses around her. Rey woke up feeling refreshed but couldn't help herself from dreading the events of the night to come.

When she finally crawled out of bed, she made her way to her kitchen to find Kylo sitting at the table, drinking out of a coffee mug and reading something on a holo pad.

"Good morning," he said, his voice amused. She noticed his voice frequently sounded amused.

Rey went searching for a cup and found one in the cupboards, opening the fridge to find the juice she had noticed the other day. "Why are you always in my living quarters?"

"Well, technically they're mine but that's not why I'm here." Kylo started, setting the holo pad down. "It's 12:52. I came in at 12:30 to have lunch but noticed you were still asleep."

Rey looked up from her poured glass of juice. "You let me sleep that long? Ben, I must've been out for more than 12 standard hours!"

He shrugged and took a sip of his coffee. Rey came and sat down across from him. "You must have you needed the sleep."

"Must have." She took a large sip from her cup. "Are we scheduled to have lunch together everyday?"

Kylo stiffened a bit, moving a little in his seat. "Not necessarily. I came in today to discuss the ball."

She groaned loudly. "I forgot about the ball. Why do organizations need to have fancy events?"

He shrugged again. "I suppose to celebrate the organization."

"I could easily celebrate my organization in a tunic and leggings, why must I wear a dress and makeup?" Rey complained.

"Ask society why women must wear dresses and makeup, I've certainly never understood that. Although women look lovely when they're dressed up, it all looks thoroughly uncomfortable." Kylo agreed.

"It is!" She exclaimed. "Well, not all of it, but still. I've only truly gotten nice once but I'm guessing that experience will be drastically different than the one tonight."

"Most likely," he replied.

"I actually got to wear this goregous simple gown. It was blue and had little stars embroidered on it-" Rey looked up and made eye contact with Kylo, remembering that he had seen her in such outfit. "I loved it."

"It looked nice," he confirmed. He finished his cup of coffee and placed it in the sink. "The ball starts at 18:00. I get off work early and we'll leave for it around 17:45. It's not far but we might want to be early since I have to make a speech as well as introduce you, formally."

"Introduce me? In front of a crowd of strangers?" Rey gawked.

"You've already met the important ones. After that, food will be served and then there will be dancing. I would suggest having at least one dance to make you look sociable." Kylo explained, heading for the door.

"I don't know how to dance!" She cried as he walked out.

But it was too late. He had already left, leaving her confused and nervous. She fiddled with her nails before she turned to her droid.

"Atey, what should I get done before the ball?" She asked earnestly.

The droid approached her and scanned her quickly before releasing a series of beeps. "I have a list of seven steps that will leave you looking stunning for the ball tonight!"