Chapter Twelve

Rey awoke with a start. Her body flew into a sitting position as her hand covered her heart to try and steady the rapid rate it was pumping. Sweat trickled down her forehead and she pushed it away with annoyance. She released a sigh and scanned her room while her heartrate steadily decreased into it's resting rate. Her room was the same as it had always been. Tan, dirty walls with plants dangling and intertwining with it. The concrete floors looked the same as usual and her minimal furniture hadn't moved even an inch. Her shower door was askew and when she got up to check the bathroom, it looked just as she had left it.

She let out a breath of relief. She saw a lump of fabric near the side of her bed and crept around to see a crumpled blanket and a pillow that still had a dent where Kylo Ren's head had been. She blushed a little as she remembered their encounter last night, how kind and generous he had been. She smiled when she thought of how much of a gentleman he was and thanked the stars that Leia had taught him that.

She gathered his sleeping supplies and set it on her own bed. Rey's smile quickly turned into a frown as she thought of the day ahead. They finally were going to head out to find Poe and retrieve him. It had been hard to hide her annoyance with him from the other members of the Resistance but now that she was alone, she could release all of the eye rolls, huffs and snarky comments her body could muster, which was a lot.

She quickly got ready, stripping of her clothes and popping in the shower to rinse her body of the grimy sweat that had built up from that night. She was trying to remember her dream which must have been a nightmare but she couldn't recall a thing. She decided not to dwell on it as she slid on her clothes and headed out the door to the mess hall.

The cafeteria was buzzing. Everyone was chatting up a storm, laughter and arguments being heard from the crowd. Simple meals were devoured by hungry members and the breakfast line was longer than usual. Rey sighed and got in line, tapping her foot as she waited.

Once she got her meal, she found Finn and Rose sitting together and joined their table. Finn looked sad and discouraged and it was evident to Rey that Rose was trying to lift up her partner.

"Hey," Rey said as she sat down across from the couple. A small smile graced her lips. Rose gave one as well, along with a tiny wave.

"Hello," she said politely. She gently nudged Finn.

"Hi, Rey," he muttered. The events of the past few days still effected him greatly as he put all of the disappointment on his shoulders. Rey felt a great amount of sadness for him. She wondered if he felt the way she often did, alone even though people are bustling around you.

From his expression, he did. Rey cleared her throat. "Are you two ready for today?"

They both nodded and she took a big bite out of her toast. Rose spoke up. "A little nervous, but yes, I think so."

She gave a weak laugh. "Same here."

"Attention! Attention!" screamed a voice from the back of the room. Almost simultaneously, heads whipped around to see a small man with a head full of wild curls standing from the door way. He cleared his throat, a little nervous from all the eyes, but pressed on with his loud tone.

"General Organa is requesting a meeting in the War Room at 10:00! Everyone on base is ordered to be there unless you speak with her directly! You have 30 minutes!" The curls bounced atop his head as he read from a piece of paper. He looked up expectantly and everyone continued to stare. He gave a small salute as he marched off, not before shouting, "Good! See you soon, soldiers!"

Voices soon scurried about as curiosity pumped through everyone. No one could think of a reason for the General's sudden meeting and that only increased the fear of everyone involved. Anxieties meshed with worries and soon, everyone was convinced they were going to die and that the First Order already planned to have their head on a silver platter.