Chapter Forty Four

mini a/n: you guys asked...so you shall receive. this is my first time writing mature content so keep that in mind when reading but other than that, enjoy!

*warning - there are descriptions of sexual encounters in this chapter. if that is not your cup of tea, feel free to skip to the next chapter

Without saying a word to each other, Rey and Kylo gathered their things and left the party. His hand had entered hers as he guided her out of the ballroom and she wished for him not to let go but he did once they entered the elevator.

"I actually didn't have a miserable time," Rey joked.

"I'm glad. I was a bit worried after Hux's older brother," he replied.

"I had fun when he left. I really enjoyed getting to talk to Phasma but the dancing was my favorite part," she exclaimed, suddenly giddy thinking about it. She felt her embarassment flood her face as she realized how chirper she sounded, more than she usually was with Kylo. She saw his face turn to look at her, dawning a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

"Watching or participating?" he asked.

Rey swallowed and blushed. "Participating. I've never danced with anyone before, you were my first."

She turned to see him smile softly at the revelation before looking forward. She turned forward too. "Ah, I see."

"What about you? Did you enjoy the dancing?"

He hummed an agreement. "I did. I never enjoyed dancing growing up, it was something my mother forced me to learn and it made me hate it. But tonight, it was nice."

"I always forget you grew up a princess's and politician's son and you had to learn all of these traditions," Rey giggled. She gasped and turned to him, "Wait - princess. Does that make you a prince?"

She saw his body tense, licking his lips before slowly nodding. "I suppose."

"Wow, Prince Ben," she laughed at that. "I would have never thought."

"You're the one who made the connection," he pointed out. "No one besides my mother's friends ever mentioned that aspect of my life."

"That might be a good thing, I could imagine a lot of teasing coming out of this information," she said.

"Yes, I could see that. Particularly Phasma and Hux."

"Oh, I wonder what Phasma would say!"

He turned to look at her, his face stern. "Don't tell her. It's bad enough she knows my name is Ben Solo."

Rey felt a smile overtake her features at that small comment. He acknowledged his name, the name he entered the world in. Although he was taking steps to better the galaxy, it appeared as if he made a step in bettering himself. She couldn't help but smile widely at that.

Kylo noticed and narrowed his eyes in curiosity. "What?"

She chuckled to herself before looking forward. "Nothing."

"Rey," he drew her name out. "What is it?"

"Nothing, Ben," she laughed.

Her looked her up and down before facing forward. "Okay, rakkaani."

Her face snapped to him. "Oh, don't call me that!"

"Too late," he replied. He shrugged his large shoulder. "Oh well."

The doors opened and Kylo began to walk down the hallway, not waiting for Rey to catch up. She lightly ran after him.

"It's not fair, I don't know what it means!" Rey combatted as he opened the door into his quarters.