My Lord

Draco:
As I wake, I cannot help but relive the events of last night. She was intoxicating. Leah starts to shift in my arms as my bedroom door suddenly bursts open.

"Draco love, have you seen Leah this....morning? Well it seems I have found her-" Mum blushes slightly. "Please meet us for breakfast when you two get up." She smiled shaking her head as she headed out the door.

Busted

I pull a shirt over my head, and head down for breakfast. I left Leah to fix her hair before she came down. Before I even get to the stairs I'm caught by the arm and drug into the library.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, I'm not mad first off. But for the love of Merlin, leave the door locked. I suppose now you both may stay in your room. I will have the elves move her things after breakfast."

I'm shocked to say the least.

"Yes Mum, I understand. And yes before you ask we were careful." She smiles, saying good before she walked out and headed towards the kitchen.

Leaving the library I bump into Leah. "Is your Mom mad?" Laughing I say, "no she actually isn't, but we need to keep the door locked next time. If I'd had time we would have had a repeat of last night this morning."

She starts down the stairs ahead of me. I watch as she struggles with the first few steps. I throw her over my shoulder, "if we go your pace, we may make it down there in time for dinner." She chuckles, whispering in my ear, "well, daddy, it's your fault."

Did she just really? She did. I can't help myself, I growl into her side, "woman, call me that again and I'll take you right here on the stairs. No spells, no nothing, you will be forced to be quiet." I feel the goosebumps running up her spine.

So responsive.

We reach the kitchen and I place Leah back on her feet, but not before Mum sees me carrying her.

Good grief, the woman has to be everywhere all the time.

She blushes again and turns on her heels and heads the opposite direction.

Blaise and Pansy are already at the table, "did you two sleep well last night?"

"Yes we did Pansy, thank you for asking."

This was the day that Pansy and Blaise would be going home. We took a picnic in the garden for lunch and watched a few movies later that evening. We watched our friends disappear into the floo.

The next week and a half went on in our usual pattern. Leah was meant to leave in three days. Luckily Lucius and the Dark Lord were not meant to return for four.

I cringed hearing two audible cracks from the front lawn. They can't be back early. Looking out the window, I see the familiar figures of my father and the Dark Lord walking towards our front door. I run to Leah, "they are back early, keep quiet, follow my lead, and speak only when spoken to." Her eyes suddenly turn that shade of hazel I have come to hate. Not because it isn't beautiful, but because it means she is worried.

Mum greets the men downstairs. I pull Leah into my side as we head into the foyer to greet the new arrivals. "My lord, father. Welcome back it is good to see you." Both men turn to the woman now clinging to my arm. The Dark Lord being the first to speak. "Who might this delightful creature be?"

"My lord this is Leah Scamander. She is a pureblood witch here on transfer from America." He reaches his hand out, taking hers and placing a kiss on it.

Disgusting, how dare he touch her.

Lucius is the next to speak, "ah Draco, is this your plaything?" I scowl at him, "no father, this will be the witch I marry. We are magic and soul mates." At this, the Dark Lord interjects. "Are you really, show us your patronus."

I nod to let Leah to know to follow my lead, we both take out our wands and speak the incantation. Two dragons are suddenly embracing in the ceiling of the sitting room.

The Dark Lord speaking again, "Lucius what a wonderful thing for your family. This will be a union of the most precious kind. Two pure blood lines, producing many pureblood heirs." At this, Lucius softens a bit, looking at Leah. "child, it is lovely to meet you. Such a promising young witch."

We go to take our exit as the Dark Lord turns to Leah, "so I assume you will be taking the mark this evening?"

Fuck, this can't be happening so soon.

Before I can think clearly Leah's voice breaks the silence, "why yes my lord. If you wouldn't mind however, can Draco do it?" He smirks at her, "yes child, he may, it will go on your left wrist seeing you already have a tattoo there.....ahh to be young and in love."

Walking back into my room I cast the silencing spell, "what exactly were you thinking asking if I could mark you? You do realize this will hurt. You will be sick for days."

She is looking at me through her lashes now, "yes I realize, but I'd rather you do it than him. I'm sorry I made that decision for you instead of with you." Wrapping her in a hug, I let her know it will be fine and I will take care of her.

She is laying on the bed waiting for me to perform the spell. As I approach, my stomach starts flipping over and over. I cannot stand the thought of hurting her. I press my wand deep into her wrist and cast the spell. The black ink starts bubbling under her skin. "Ahhh, fucking hell" she screams into my chest, continuing to sob until she is exhausted.

Leah lies back on the bed. She starts to flush with fever. Mum strides through the door carrying ice, water, bandages, and some towels. She has witnessed this more times than she cares to admit. Handing me everything, she goes to leave. "she is not going to blame you. She wanted you to do this. She trusts you. Take care of her."

I wrap some of the ice in a towel placing it under her neck. I begin wrapping her wrist tenderly in bandages having already cleaned the area. Scooting in beside her, I start stroking her hair.

A couple of days have gone by. Lucius has allowed me to stay with her. Not out of immediate concern for her well being, but for the "honor our union and heirs would bestow upon the family"."

It's the day Leah goes back to The Leaky Cauldron. She is feeling better today. The fever has finally broken and the ink has stopped bubbling under the surface of her skin. I want to stay with her, but I also want her as far away from the Dark Lord and Lucius as possible.