𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

A few days had passed since Clara and Jasper's talk in the car. The two had gone back to not talking to each other, Clara avoided any contact with Jasper, not even glancing at him as he stared at her with the anguished eyes. She was slowly losing herself, Clara was sure of it. She was going to leave Forks the second she turned 18. Being around Jasper gave her the heartbreak from the controlling of not going to him. She was pulled towards him and yet she tried to ignore it. She needed friends to help her but she had none. Her only older sister was busy with Edward.

Clara sighed and tore her paper, curling it to a ball and throwing it at the bin from her bed. She was busy studying for their final exams of 12th grade. The exam which would rid her free of school and studies and teachers. This helped to distract her as she devoted all her time to the boring books and memorising the long answers and trying to understand their meanings.

"What the heck does 'anachronistic' even mean? Why use such a long boring word instead of an easier and shorter one?" She wondered. From the other room, she heard Edward chuckle. Great. Him and Bella would have another debate of Bella's turning into a vampire.

"Eddie you better shut up or I'll really tear off your head. Allowing you in this house is the limit." Clara threatened breaking a pencil in half. Edward gulped and nervously chuckled.

"Sorry Clara." He responded.

Just then Clara's phone rang,
"Hello?"
"Clara it's me." Rosalie's voice came, "Please don't hang up."

"I won't Rose. What do you need?"
"Can I talk to you? By the forest lake?"
"Alright I guess. Meet you in 5."

ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ

Clara and Rosalie sat by the rocks. The lake was silver and clear, its bottom could be seen crystal clear as well. The atmosphere was silent with the exception of a sound of the lake softly flowing and the birds chirping.

"How have you been?" Rosalie finally broke the silence. Clara smiled.

"Lonely. Broken. Fearing." She truthfully answered. Rosalie had always been like the wise older sister who knew everything. Sure Bella was an older sister too, but Bella didn't know anything to say when she herself hadn't yet experienced it.

Clara continued, "Each passing day, my upset and disappointment diminishes. I miss Jasper more and more and it hurts to avoid him so much. And I miss you guys too. I miss you, Alice, Emmett and everyone. Even Eddie, though I still don't like him much. I wish that I could turn back time and have never been so cold to you guys. I wish I had given Jasper all the time he needed to explain."

Rosalie softly smiled. "Clara, don't feel that way. We're ready to have you back anytime. None of us blame you, we blame ourselves for not being there. I personally understand what you feel. The confusion, terror and fear of hurting others right?"

Clara nodded, shocked at how well Rosalie knew it. "How did you know? I mean, you've also experienced it?"

Rosalie nodded. "I had a perfect life. Well I thought I did. I was from a wealthy family, all I ever wanted was a sweet husband and kids and a family of my own. Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town, I barely even knew him. I was young, I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my human life, I left Royce's house late. He was drunk. All his friends were too. Do you know what they did? They raped me. Several of them, I was so afraid and I felt so dirty. All I wanted was to die. They touched me, they beat me and they left me in the streets to die. I was in the brink of death, ready to go to the afterlife, when Carlisle found me. He pitied me and he ended turning me."

After Rosalie's story, Clara let out a dry sniffle. As a human, she'd be in tears. Why did they all have such sad stories? Jasper with Maria. Alice in the asylum. Emmett being mauled by a bear. And Rosalie being raped and beaten.

"Please tell me you had your revenge." Clara said. Rosalie smirked and nodded.
"I did. Killed every single one of them. And I killed them in a wedding dress to add to the effect."
Clara giggled at that. Now at least Rosalie had her revenge men.

"So Clara, no one blames you for hating that you turned into a vampire. I know what you've gone through and they all understand." Rosalie told and Clara nodded.

"So.... I can... go back.... and visit?" Clara asked. Rosalie laughed and nodded.

"Of course you can. Alice and will Esme will be overjoyed, even Emmett and Edward." She said, "But the happiest will be Jasper."

Clara's smile faltered at the mention of her ex. Her eyes went to the floor and her fingers fiddled. Rosalie raised a brow.

"You did say you missed him didn't you?" She asked and Clara nodded. Rosalie continued, "If you're afraid that he wouldn't want you back, don't worry about that. No one misses and wants you more than Jasper. He's a lovesick puppy Clara. Hadn't smiled and has hardly hunted."

A smile formed once again on Clara's face as she let out a small sigh. "I'm not worried about that. I'm just still scared Rosalie. Jasper and I love each other. But what if another problem happens? What if he listens to someone else's advice again? What if he leaves me again? How do I know that if I give him a second chance, he'll stay put?" She asked on and on.

Rosalie looked at the girl with pity. She felt mad at Edward for taunting Jasper about hurting her so much and she felt mad at Jasper for listening to Edward. He had wounded Clara so much. The confident young girl now seemed so fragile in the section of love. She seemed so scared of getting hurt again, as if the first time was too much. After minutes of thinking, Rosalie finally spoke,

"Everyone can get and have a second chance. But not everyone deserves them."

"What do you mean?" Clara asked tilting her head slightly in confusion.

"Clara, this is what Carlisle told me when I asked him why he turned me. Everyone does wrong, no matter vampire or human. Second chances can be given to everyone and anyone can get a second chance. That's life. But what's the most important in this conflict is, does Jasper deserve a second chance? You don't give a murderer a second chance because he's just too evil to be allowed to be given one. But Jasper, to you, do you think he deserves one? Do you want to give him a second chance?" Rosalie explained.

Clara thought deeply. She still loved Jasper. He loved her too. They missed each other. They both grew as a person in their time apart. They both experienced different feelings and were wiser. Jasper seemed sorry but Clara never allowed him to finish his explanation, but still, Clara had this feeling that their relationship would go better this time. She was ready. She wanted to have Jasper back.

She turned to Rosalie with a bright smile and hugged the blonde making them both chuckle.

"Thanks so much Rosalie!!"

Rosalie chuckled. "Anytime Clara."

"