𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

The fight against the newborns was to commence the next day. And even after Clara assuring herself and Jasper that it would all turn out fine, the entire vampire household was in an anxious state. And their way of keeping calm was by keeping themselves busy. Very.

Esme cleaned the house vigorously, Carlisle checked stack every paper from the hospital, Emmett boomed the speaker in his room, the music in the highest volume possible, Rosalie danced along with her husband as her eyes skimmed over the same page of a magazine, Alice chirped on and on about useless things to Jasper who was reading and Clara who was typing her blog. None of them could concentrate on what they were doing, but it helped them keep their anxiety at bay.

This went on for about a couple of hours before Esme put her broom down and marched to the living room.
"Everybody. To the living room. Now." She announced.

The vampires all heard it and instantly rushed over to the living room. When Esme's voice was stern and when she ordered them, it meant that she was either angry or had something serious to tell. Carlisle directly left all his paperwork and went by his wife's side.

"You called Esme?" Clara asked, the last to come and take her seat beside her mate who gave her a small smile and laced their fingers.

Esme nodded, making sure everyone was in the room before she told,
"I don't need to have Jasper's powers to sense that we are all anxious. And yes, that is very understandable. But I don't want to be staying in tension like this."

"We're all trying to be relaxed and carefree." Alice told.

"It's just a bit hard knowing that an entire army of newborns are coming for us tomorrow." Clara added.

"And that we all might end up dead. More dead than we already are anyways." Emmett finished and Rosalie hit his arm at the mention of them all dying.

Carlisle sighed but agreed with his wife. "As much as this is nerve wrecking, we all have to be relaxed. Our calmness is the ultimate key to weapon to facing our challenge." He said.

"Well of course I would be able to relax. If only I could eat a big tub of ice cream and sleep all day." Clara slumped her head on Jasper's shoulder as he chuckled.

"How about this?" Esme suggested, "Each of us will suggest an activity. Something which involves all of us doing something together and clamming our nerves?"

"Me first!!" Alice excitedly stood up. Clara smiled, knowing exactly what her pixie friend was thinking.

"You want us all to go shopping and buy clothes for Bella while she isn't here to protest don't you?" Clara asked and Alice nodded.

"Yes!!!" Alice squealed, "I mean it when I say Bella's outfits are DULL!!" The pixie deadpanned and they all laughed, getting up and going shopping.

Shopping had been amazing for the girls as they walked into each stall and shop while their mates had to jog to catch up to them. Clara ended up not only buying Bella clothes but she also dragged Jasper off to the men's section claiming that Jasper NEEDED a new suit. He had been wearing his Prom suit for every occasion making him chuckle.

While Clara was looking at different suits, Jasper stopped by a dress shop and stared at the wedding dresses by the window. It was no lie that the Southern vampire wanted to take Clara as his wife. He knew that there was no rush, they had an eternity together. But Jasper wanted to have a wedding, he wanted to marry Clara, he wanted to call her his wife and he wanted to be called her husband. But Jasper was nervous. Clara was only 17 both physically and mentally, she might say no. She might want to wait till she was at least mentally older. And Jasper didn't want to make things awkward between them by popping the question. They were already so happy together.

"She'll say yes Jasper." Alice's voice suddenly spoke up getting Jasper out of his trance.

"Don't speak so loud." He whispered.

"It's okay. They're all out of earshot in different stores." Alice assured and continued, "I asked her you know. How she felt to marry you, she looked quiet giddy and gave me vague answer. Don't worry, I kept it subtle."

"So after all this chaos, if I ask her, you're sure she wouldn't hate the idea?" Jasper asked. Alice was his best friend, she was the first vampire he befriended and knew the longest. She knew him and the people around him well enough.

"Definitely 100%." Alice confirmed hiding the fact that she already saw a vision about it the previous night.

After Alice, it was Carlisle's idea. He suggested the entire family sit down for a nice movie and after the very good movie, Esme wanted them all to play board games with one another. Of course, Clara lost almost every single one of them.

"It's not my fault that I'm only good at cards and find chess and monopoly boring." Clara pouted.

"And it's not my fault that I can't spell defenestration! It's a big word!!" Emmett defended about the scrabble game making them all laugh at the two's defence excuse.

Jasper was next and his was simple, read books. Of course, every book in the Cullen household was thick, dusty, Historical books, so Clara and Emmett opted to sit out for that one and instead silently sat while the others read.

Rosalie wanted them to help in her mechanical hobby. Clara had the greatest fun because she had no idea about cars and most of the time was Jasper running to her and stopping her from probably puncturing a tire of their previous cars.

Clara's idea was fairly simple. She decided that they all should browse and collect information on easy food recipes to make. This was for her current blog topic which she decided it to be as 'Healthy and Easy Food To Prepare without a big Budget.'

Emmett was last. He allowed every one of them to enter his game room which was previously so previous to him that if you weren't going to play, you weren't allowed to enter. His idea was "super Emmett" as Alice remarked because he wanted an 'Ultimate Video Game Champion Match'.

Emmett easily defeated his adoptive parents and siblings, laughing at them and boasting. But the moment Clara's hands grasped the console, Emmett demoted to a losing streak and she, to a winning streak.

After losing for the 10th game in a row, Emmett slammed the console down and childishly exclaimed,

"I can't believe you still won this game! Even before this fight where we may all die. Not that we haven't already."

Clara giggled, Jasper giving her a mall kiss on the head while Rosalie patted her husband with a smile and Alice remarked,
"Why don't you just accept it Emmett? Clara's better than you I'm Video Games."

"No way!! She's just lucky today." Emmett stubbornly said resulting in immense laughter from everyone.

Esme's plan had worked and they were all grateful. Even though they were still anxious for the next day, they all at least had great enjoyment together.

Clara just wished Bella and Edward could also have joined, but the video call she had with them in the day was also quite a enough. And she was sure that even if she could possibly die the next day, she at least spent her last day enjoying and laughing with her family and lover instead of dwelling in panic. Everyone else felt the same as well.

 Everyone else felt the same as well