𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

Clara sat on the couch, anxiously twiddling her thumbs. Her and Jasper had been hunting when he suddenly received a call from a frantic Edward who claimed that some unknown person had been to Bella's room. Jasper and Emmett instantly headed over to the Swan house while the rest stayed back, waiting for the results.

"She'll be alright right?" Clara asked.

Esme nodded with a smile. "Don't worry Clara. Everything will be fine." She tried to firmly assure.

Just then, Bella entered the house along with Edward, Emmett and Jasper. Clara immediately stood up and went to Jasper's side, the two holding hands.

"Bells, you alright?" She asked.
"Yeah I'm good." Bella nodded.

"Who is it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked, standing up from the couch while Bella took her seat beside Esme who gave a gentle smile.

"It's a stranger. I didn't recognise his scent." Edward shook his head and glanced at Bella then back at Carlisle.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Rosalie shook her head and glanced at Clara who stiffened slightly, "Sorry Clara. I didn't mean it to sound offensive."

"It's alright." Clara smiled.

"Scent disappeared about 5 miles South from Bella's house." Jasper spoke up.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle stated.

"Yeah thanks for stating the obvious old man." Emmett joked and they lightly chuckled.

"Victoria?" Bella asked shooting a worried glance at Clara whose entire body tensed at the mention of the redhead vampire. Jasper let go of Clara's hand and put his arm around her waist, releasing calming waves and kissing the side of her head.

"I would have seen her decide." Alice shook her head.

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward stated.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either." Alice denied the claim.

"So then we keep looking." Emmett declared.

"We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle added.

"Another protection detail." Rosalie snarled.

"Rose." Esme sternly reprimanded.

"No she's right. I mean you can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruded." Bella stated.

"And for Victoria." Rosalie muttered.

"And keep yourselves fed." Bella continued ignoring Rosalie.

"I'm not leaving you here defenceless." Edward told with worry lacing his voice.

"Eddie, Bella and I live in the same house." Clara said, "And if it ends up being Victoria, then you can be assured that I'm not leaving her alive."

"But you still have to feed Clara. And you can't bring me along everytime." Bella argued.

"She's right. Especially since you're still a newborn." Jasper nodded in agreement.

"A newborn whose control is so good, she can walk around the crowded mall without any trouble." Rosalie complimented and they chuckled.

"Yes, I know that her control is great." Jasper proudly stated, "But if she goes on too long without feeding, it can take a toll on her."

"I'm not gonna be unprotected." Bella announced, "I.... have... I have...."