Panic attack

A/N - this imagine is rewritten!!

"We are all damaged in our own way. Nobody's perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us."
-Johnny Depp

•••

Y/N Y/L/N's POV:

It's been 7 hours and he's still not back.

"Y/n sit down," nat says, closing her book. "I'm sure Bucky and Steve are fine. They said the mission can take up to a day so sit down and don't worry." Nat places her hand on my arm making me stop pacing around the room.

"But-"

"No buts, sit down." She demands.

"Fine." I say, sitting down and attempting to watch the office, just to take my mind of Bucky.

3 hours later:

I was still sitting in the lounge room with Nat 'watching' the office but all I could think of was Bucky.

What if he was kidnapped?

What if he was turned into the winter soldier again?

What if he was dead?

No, no y/n don't think about Bucky being dead.

Wait- but what if he was.

Oh my god, oh my god.

Suddenly I just couldn't breath. My chest felt so tight. It felt like someone pushed their hand in my chest and just squeezed my heart.

I started breathing heavily and panting since I couldnt breath.

"Y/n are you okay?" Nat asks me, sitting forward in her chair.

I also sit forward in my chair, clutching my chest and breathing shakily.

I shake my head no, continuing to breath heavily."I can't breathe," i pant, as it feels like all the air has been punched out of my lungs.

My eyesight starts to get blurry as tears start to run down my cheek from the pain that's coming from my chest.

Nat realised what was going on and automatically tries to calm me down.

"Oh lord, y/n calm down just..." Nat says, trying to find something to calm me down. "Just...think of Bucky, think of how he should be home here with you any minute."

Okay that at least got my hands to stop shaking but my chest still hurt and I still couldn't breathe.

"Wow that didn't work just-"

Before Nat could even finish her sentence we both heard familiar voices.

Bucky.

Oh and steve.

"Hey guys, sorry we're late, the mission was a success and hey, what happened?" Bucky asks, walking in the room. As soon as he sees my tear stained cheeks he immediately drops his bag near the couch and crouches infront of me so his face is in line with mine.

"Hey, what happened baby?" He whispers, his hand reaching up to my face so he can wipe away the tears.

"I..." i say, trying to explain. But it's not happening since im still trying to get air in my lungs.

"She can't breathe." Nat says, rubbing my back

"But why did that happen?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing. He places his flesh hand on my thigh, gently rubbing it.

"She was worried about you." Nat says, removing her hand from my back. She gives me a small smile and gets up with her book.

"I'm going to give you two some space." Nat nods, before walking out the room.

"Now what you're gonna do is you're gonna copy me, alright." Bucky says, tilting my chin so our eyes connect.

I nod, letting out uneven puffs of air.

"Okay, now you're gonna breathe in," bucky says, taking in a big breath in with me.

"Now breathe out," he says, breathing out.

He helped me do that a few more times, before i could now breathe normally.

I let out a puff of air as i cover my face with my hands. "I honestly don't know how that happened it's just that you were taking so long and I thought you wasn't coming back or that—"

"Hey," He whispers, interrupting my rambling. He raises to his feet, deciding to sit next to me on the couch.

"I'll always come back to you, im never leaving you baby, okay." He says, putting his right arm around my shoulder, and pulling me to his side.

"Okay," i whisper, leaning my head on his chest. But deep down I wasn't okay, even though buckys presence has brought me a sense of comfort, i still can't stop thinking about him never returning back, or him getting turned back into the winter soldier again.

Wait, no I can't think about that. I can't think about bucky getting taken away from me, i can't think about bucky dying—

I cover my mouth, squeezing my eyes shut. I try my hardest to swallow down the sob that wants to come up but it just doesn't work. I dig my face deeper into buckys chest and let out a sob, holding onto his black shirt.

"Oh doll..." Bucky says, probably sensing what I was thinking. "It's alright baby, I'm not going anywhere, im staying right with you okay, hydras not going to get me, they can't get me, im safe doll." He whispers, pulling me on his lap so he can wrap both his arms around me.

"I-i just thought that, they would get you—"

"Shh," Bucky whispers, kissing the top of my head as I rest my head in the crook of his neck. "Like i said sweetheart, hydra ain't getting me, they'll never get me, never." He whispers, rubbing my back.

"Okay," I sigh, letting out a long breath as i lift my head up.

"I don't want to see no more crying tonight," bucky says, removing one of his hands from my waist so he can wipe away my tears.

"I promise," i smile, giving him a peck on his cheek.

"You missed," Bucky smiles, using his finger and tapping his lips.

"Oh sorry, I forgot." I tease, letting a real smile take over my face.

Bucky fake gasps, but before he could think of a reply, I connected my lips with his.

The kiss is slow and wet, both of our tongues exploring each other's mouth.

"Mhmm," i moan when i feel buckys hand trail down to squeeze my ass.

"Fuck you're so beautiful," bucky mumbles against my lips, trailing his kisses down to my neck.

"I want you," i moan, lifting up his head from my neck and connecting our lips together.

"Well if y'all want each other can you please do it somewhere else," Sam says, making me and Bucky break apart.

"Really sam," Bucky says, breaking apart from the kiss in which i hide my face in his neck.

"Yes really, this is a public space, go do what you need to do in your rooms," Sam says, sitting on the couch and turning off my show.

"Okay fine," bucky says, standing with me still attached to him. "But don't complain about the noise since we all know that the walls are very thin."

Oh, it's about to be a long night.

•••