Accident. P2.

A/N - okay i know i should've mentioned this in part one but the reader is a black fmc. normally the reader isn't race claimed and i only put a race claim if it's important to the imagine. and the reader being a black woman is very important !!!

also i kinda rushed this so there's probably going to be a lot of typos since i haven't proofread it yet.

BUCKY BARNES

the whole ride to the hospital was so quiet. Too quiet.

Y/n never spoke. Not even once. She just stayed curled up too my side. I heard a few hiccups and sniffles, but that was about it. Sam never said anything either. He just kept his eyes on the road. But me, of course I never said a thing. But I wanted to. God, i wanted too. But I couldn't. If I just uttered the words "are you okay" to y/n, she'll just burst out crying again. And if she cries, I'll cry. I can't cry. Not in front of her. I have to be strong for her.

"You alright man" I look up seeing sam staring at me through the rear view mirror.

"Yeah," I whisper, trying not to speak too loud.

"Y'know ive been sitting in the parking lot for about 5 minutes." Sam says, which makes me look around my surroundings.

"Oh." I say, before shifting in my seat so i can wake up y/n

"What," she mumbles, grabbing my hand that was pushing her shoulder.

"Y/n we're at the hospital." Her puffy eyes look up at me in confusion.

"What are we at the hospital for?" She asks, but before I could even remind her she lets out a loud gasp. "Oh my God, oh my God," she chokes out, pulling off her seatbelt with shaky hands.

"Hey, calm down." I try to say, but y/n already had the car door open and was running into the hospital.

"Fuck." I take off my seatbelt and step out of the car.

I close the car door as i run my fingers through my hair. I go to put my hands in my coat pockets but realise that i gave it to y/n because she was cold. I shake my head, putting my hands in my jean pockets.

"Just to be clear, are we going to stand here all night or are we going to see if becca's alright?" I lift up my head seeing sam standing right next to me. I didnt even hear him come over. After letting out a deep breath, i nod and start making my way to the hospital doors.

___

Y/N BARNES

"Excuse me," i say, getting the attention of the receptionist.

She looks me up and down before giving me a strained smile. "Yes ma'am how may i help you"

Dismissing the obviously fake smile I just get straight to the point. "Will you please tell me what room and floor they put Rebecca Barnes in?"

Her eyebrows furrow as she looks me up and down once again.

"I'm sorry is there a problem?" I ask.

She looks at the paperwork in front of her and then me again. "I'm sorry, but what relationship do you have with this patient? Are you her nanny? Because if you are we're not allowed to let you in her room. Only her immediate family members are allowed."

"Excuse me." I say, appalled. "No im not her nanny, im her mother. So like i said before can you please tell me what room and floor my daughter is in."