Beat up

"Life is never complete without its challenges."
-Stan Lee

•••

Y/N Barnes POV:

I whimpered limping through the tower trying to get to the elevator so I can get to the living quarters before I pass out from pain.

I have a black eye, blood coming out of my nose, a cut lip and eyebrow, many broken ribs, a twisted ankle and I think I may have a concussion.

I get to the elevator leaning on the door and pressing the button. The doors open and since I was leaning on the door I fell inside landing on my face since I never had the strength to break my fall.

I grunt as I struggle to stand back up trying to ignore the pain in my side and the throbbing feeling on my face. I press a random button before I fall on the closed door breathing heavily and trying to get oxygen in my lungs before I pass out.

•••

Bucky Barnes' POV:

"Fuck off sam." I mumbled trying to shoo Sam away so I can finish watching my show.

"Why you acting so grumpy today huh?" Sam questioned.

"I'm not grumpy."

"You very much are." Sam teased. "Is it because your wife ain't here." He laughed.

"Sam." I warned.

"Fine, fine I'm going." He laughed walking towards the elevator probably going to his own room or going to annoy someone else. But to be honest I don't care.

I heard the ding of the elevator which told me that Sam is now gone. I sighed in relief but that wasn't until I heard his voice again.

"Woah." He shouted and I heard him whisper things under his breath probably talking to himself.

"Bucky-"

I groaned loudly leaning my head back on the sofa.

"Bucky I really think you should-"

"Sam why don't you go annoy someone else?" I insisted still having my head thrown back and eyes closed.

"Bucky I'm not playing you need to-"

"Leave me alone!" I groaned.

"Bucky!" He shouted.

"What!" I shouted back turning my head in his direction so I can see what the fuck he's shouting about.

But what I saw made my blood run cold and my face pale.

Shit.

"Your fucking wife!" He shouted.

I quickly jumped off the sofa and rushed to
y/n's figure that was splayed out on the floor of the elevator.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Sam hold the door open." I turned her over on her back seeing her semi conscious and her face basically covered with bruises, scratches and blood. A lot of blood.

Shit.

I quickly scooped her up in my arms but heard a hiss mixed with a whimper come out of her mouth.

"Baby what happened, tell me." I breathed out my heart beating fast.

I placed her on the couch and held her head gently in my hands examining everything.

Fuck who did this.

"It hurts." She whispers her eyes fighting to stay open.

"Y/n don't you dare close you eyes." I warned.

I looked up from y/n's form seeing Sam standing there looking oblivious as fuck and not knowing what to do.

"Well Sam don't just stand there get help!" I shouted.

"Uh right." He quickly walked off probably going to get Bruce or some shit.

I looked back down at y/n seeing her eyes closing.

"No, no doll don't close your eyes don't."

"But I'm tired." Tired. No no no.

Fuck. No!

Y/N Barnes POV:

"But I'm tired." I whispered feeling my eyes drop closed.

I heard Bucky call my name and I think Bruce but I couldn't open my eyes even if I wanted to.

The pain was just too much.

•••

*3 hours later*

I woke up feeling my head ache and the throbbing feeling on my face and let's not forget the dull pain in my side.

I opened my eyes seeing I'm in my room. Well me and bucky's room. I looked down seeing a white bandage wrapped around my torso and a pillow propping up my ankle. I felt my face hissing at the pain on my cheek.

I heard the door open seeing Bucky enter.

He did not look happy at all.

He sat at the end of the bed looking at me and holding my hand.

"What happened baby." He asked rubbing circles on my hand.

"Can I have water please." I heard him sigh before he got up and returned a few minutes later with a glass of water.

I took a couple of sips before giving it back to him and focusing my eyes to the wall.

"What happened?"

I looked at him the memory of today coming back.

"I don't know." I whispered. "I was just on my way back and I just... I don't know some men just came out of nowhere asking for money and since I didn't give it them they beat me until I couldn't even breathe." I never realised it at first that I was crying until I felt Bucky gently wipe a tear that fell on my cheek.

"I'm sorry." He frowned. "Do you know what they looked like?"

"No." I answered.

He huffed before laying beside me and pulling me gently to his side.

"Your never going anywhere without me again. Okay." He spoke looking down at me.

"Okay." I whispered.

"Good." He kissed my forehead before I heard him mutter something along the lines "I'm gonna kill them.

•••

A/N- Guys we hit 1K READS OMG !