16 : For the best.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"What ?!"

Maya sighed as the members watched her pack her stuff.

The company quickly found her a new place to stay. It was a twenty minutes drive from the dorm, the apartment situated in Gangnam, thirty minutes away from the company.

"I should've been there, I could've talked them out of it and-"

"Joon-Oppa, it's okay." Maya cut him off, giving him a small smile.

"No it's not ! You won't be in the dorm anymore because of a leaked photo that made the public mad but that's not fair ! You're our member too, you shouldn't just be kicked out, this is our home ! All eight of us !" Jimin bursted.

He was upset, frankly all of them were.

The older members didn't know about the maknaes' polyamorous relationship, they genuinely believed the dating rumor was fake, which made them even more upset that Maya had to move out for 'nothing'.

However, the maknaes obviously knew, and that made them even more upset.

The company was taking their girlfriend away from them, how could they see her freely outside of their packed schedules now ?

"It was either that, or either I was completely kicked out of the group so, yeah.. Don't worry I'm not that far, you can still come visit." She tried to reassure them, closing her first suitcase.

"It's not the same Maya-yah, and you know it." Taehyung sighed in frustration.

She turned to him and gave him a small smile.

"It's for the best Oppa, you know it." She said in a soft voice. "Either ways, that changes nothing to our relationship as a group, we went through harder things."

"Yeah but they threatened to take you completely out Ya-yah, it's a different situation." Namjoon argued.

Maya didn't answer, finishing to pack her second suitcase.

They were all heartbroken and confused, not understanding why would the company take such a drastic decision before even thinking about a statement to clear the waters.

"You act like I'm going to war, I'll be fine, plus with our packed schedule the only thing you'll miss is me sleeping." She said with a chuckle.

Even though she tried her best to cheer them up, Maya was heartbroken and disgusted.

She never though out of all people, Bang Sihyuk would do something like that to her. She understood that as the CEO, he had to make decisions to keep the company going, but she couldn't help her disappointment.

"Alright then, let's all go pick something of ours to give to Mayaring, that way we'll still be together indirectly." Hoseok proposed, trying to cheer them up.

The older members immediatly rushed out of the room immediatly but when the maknaes tried to do the same, Maya held them back.

"What's wrong ?" Taehyung immediatly asked.

Maya took a deep breath, closing her eyes before looking back at them.

"I think we should.. We should break it off." She said, feeling a knot forming in her throat. "All of this has to stop, the relationship."

"What ? Why ?" Jimin panicked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Noona we were doing fine, why would we do that ?" Jungkook panicked as well, feeling his chest tighten.

Taehyung stayed silent, pursing his lips as he looked at the ground.

What was there to say ?

"Jungkook-ah.. I know about the messages on your friends' groupchat and even if it wasn't for that, do you see where this brought us ? I don't want to risk anyone's position in the group so.. We tried and we failed, that's it." 

"What messages Jung-"

"Don't get mad at him, it has nothing to do with his messages it's just.. Better for everyone, you all can find someone else, okay ?" She said with a sad smile. "Thank you for all the moments guys but.. It's better for all of us."

"How can you say something like that ? There's no one better than you Maya-yah." Taehyung answered.

"We don't want to move on." Jimin added in a serious, heartbroken tone.

"You have to.. Something like that should never happen again." She replied in a small voice. "So let's just.. break up. I promise it'll just make everything better for everyone."

Jungkook was about to speak but the other members came back, immediatly taken aback by the tension in the room.

"Is everything okay ?" Namjoon asked, looking at them one by one.

"Can you guys leave me alone with Mayaring ?" Yoongi asked.

He had an idea of what was going on.

After what happened at the New Year's and how close the maknaes got, he easily had an idea of what was going on.

The members didn't question him and simply put the items they picked up for her on her bed, giving her either a back pat or a kiss on the forehead as they exited the room.

The maknaes looked back at her for a second with sad look on their faces before closing the door.

Maya looked at Yoongi, her eyes teary and her lower lip quivering.

Yoongi knew her the best, he had saw her at her most vulnerable state.
The overwhelming amount of work she was put under and the maknaes didn't really help, he knew she was at her break point.

He opened his arms for her and Maya rushed in them, holding him tight as Yoongi stroked her hair softly, rubbing her back.

"What happened ?" He asked, keeping his voice as soft as possible.

"We.. We broke.. We broke-"

She was cut off by her own tears, soon emptying on his shirt.

That day, Yoongi held her tight until her eyes were completely dry, silently comforting her.

.

.

(A/N)

if you bash Maya for her decision, you really didn't understood shit.

©️ASHLEY