20 : Eggshells.

| Double update bawk bawk bitch (pls tell me you got the joke)

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"Why is this place better than the dorm ?"

Maya chuckled, watching Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi walk around her apartment.

"Because the seven of you aren't making it dirty." She answered in a salty tone.

"Aren't you being too harsh on us ?" Hoseok asked, laughing.

Maya groaned, throwing her head back.

"Joon-Oppa breaking everything, you Hoseokie-Oppa, Jinnie-Oppa and Yoongi- Oppa never cleaning properly, I was a mother, literally." She complained, talking with her hands.

"As if your fellow maknaes weren't doing anything !" Namjoon defended himself.

She sighed thinking about them but covered it by holding the bridge of her nose, shaking her hand.

"Jimin-Oppa was neat, Taehyung-Oppa was always letting his things all over the dorm and Jungkook just did the laundry, they were still better than you.."

Yoongi smacked the back of her head, not too hard to hurt her.

"How dare you criticize your Oppas like that Im Maya ! Did living alone made you disrepectful ?!" He jokingly scolded her.

She simply laughed, walking to the kitchen.

"I'm not disrepecting you but stating facts." She said, bringing over some drinks for them. "What's disrepectful is to come unnanounced, explain yourself !"

"We missed you and that's how you thank us ?" Hoseok said, looking at her up and down in disbelief.

"I would've made myself decent at least !" She justified. "But I miss you too, Oppadeul."

They gave her a small smile as she sat down, sighing.

"So, is the dorm falling apart ?" She asked as she turned her head to drink some soju.

They all let out a common nervous chuckle.

"Jin-Hyung is having a hard time, it's like we all moved out from our parents' house."

She chuckled, imagining that.

"Your fellow maknaes seem really depressed too, you're missed at the dorm." Namjoon add.

Her smiled faded a little, her head tilting.

"Is that so ?" She asked with a little laugh that seemed fake.

They all nodded, which made her hum, looking away.

She pretended during the dance practice, but she missed her boyfriends.. Well, ex-boyfriends like crazy.

She wanted to feel Jimin's kisses, Taehyung's cuddles and Jungkook's hugs more than anything, but she was smart enough to know it was for the best.

Korean netizens were no joke, one scandal was enough to prove that to her. She was starting to be 'forgiven' and was walking on eggshells with the media.

"Yeah.. Yesterday at the practice we noticed something and we needed to ask you." Namjoon said, getting serious.

She nodded, looking at him and wondering what was on his mind.

If it was about the maknaes what was she supposed to say ? Was the truth safe to say ? What was the good option ?

"Do you smoke ?" Namjoon asked, cutting her train of thoughts.

Maya sighed in both relief and anxiety, gulping as she threw her head back, crossing her legs.

"It helps me staying sane in the middle of this insanity.." She sighed.

"It's not really healthy Maya-yah.. You can talk to us instead." Hoseok said, tilting his head aside.

She chuckled, holding back tears as she back at them, pushing her hair back.

That's when she realized that the three members really don't know anything. Even if Yoongi knew some things, he didn't know everything.

Her head was a mess, having to keep up the emotionless idol image started to feel heavy. Everything felt heavy and hard to carry, her back was tired.

Maya herself was tired, she wanted a rest, a moment of piece, a break.

The breakup itself felt forced and stinged, then she was taken from her members and on top of the place, netizens were watching her every move.

No one can handle that, everyone has a breaking point and there was Maya's.

She bottled up her emotions for years and now didn't know how to deal with them, or even explain them with words.

Everything felt too much and not enough at the same time.

She looked at them and shook her head.

"Thank you for the proposition but I don't think you want to.. No, you're not ready to hear it."

.

.

©️ASHLEY