[3]

Working on her singing career wasn't always easy

Working on her singing career wasn't always easy. Sometimes Sofia spent hours trying to write songs but got nothing done. Today was one of those times. 

After spending pretty much all day in the booth, Sofia was exhausted. Her producer and her worked nonstop trying to get the perfect sound but even after all the work they had done, Sofia wasn't happy with the outcome. So she sent home her producer apologizing for the wasted time they spent even though he told her many times that he understood her and to not feel sorry about it.

After he left, she broke down. When it came to her singing career, sometimes Sofia felt very insecure. Insecure about not being enough to pursue her dream of putting out to the world the music she loved and that she wanted to make. 

She dried her eyes and kept working on the song. Until she heard a knock.

"Can I come in?" you said opening the door a little.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" she asked letting you come in. You and Sofia met thanks to her sister Paulina. You and Paulina helped each other a lot during college and that's how you became really good friends. Even though you lived in different cities, your bond always remained strong and thanks to her you got to meet her sister Sofia. When you met her, Paulina teased you about a possible romantic relationship between the two of you cause of the way you looked at each other and how you immediately clicked. 

"Paul called saying that you weren't answering her calls and since she knew I was in town she asked me to check up on you, so I decided to stop by" you said.

Sofia facepalmed herself. Obviously, her sister got worried. She should've called her.

"What are you doing here late night?" you asked her concerned noticing how tired she was.

"I'm working on a song but honestly I feel like I'm going nowhere with this" she said. If it was someone else, she probably would've lied and said that she was okay but with you, she felt comfortable enough to let her guard down and that kinda scared her.

"Sofia, you've been working all day. You can't do anything good if you don't take a break" you said.

"But if I struggle so much to get one song done, how am I supposed to go on with my career?" she said on the verge of tears again. 

"Oh no, Sof don't cry" you said hugging her. She was kinda surprised by the sudden gesture but quickly hugged you tight burying her head in your chest.

"You're such a talented person Sofia, you can't get that song done now 'cause you've been working yourself to the bone. You really need a break. You probably skipped dinner to stay here didn't you?" you asked her. She nodded not knowing what to say. You sighed. You felt sorry that she felt so bad.

"Do you have a place to stay?" you asked her.

"No, I thought about booking a hotel but now it's too late" she said.

"Don't worry, you can stay at my place" you said reassuring her.

"Thank you so much Y/n, you're such a blessing" she said smiling for the first time since you saw her that day.

"No worries, it's the least I can do" you said.

The ride to your place was quiet. Mostly because Sofia fell asleep. You didn't mind: you understood that today was awful for her and it was nice to see her so relaxed. For that reason, you didn't wanna wake her so you took her up bridal style and got in your house. Since you didn't have a guest room, you let her sleep on your bed while you slept on the couch.

The morning after you decided to wake up early to make Sofia's breakfast. That's why she woke up with the smell of pancakes. At first, she was scared because she woke up in a room she had never seen before but, a couple of seconds after, everything that happened that previous night came back. 

She got up from the bed and walked towards the stairs. While walking down, she took a moment to look at you dancing with the music, not too loud maybe not to wake her, playing in the background. She smiled: at that moment she realized how grateful she was to have found a friend like you that she could always rely on and whose only sight made her feel relaxed, and that maybe she wanted to be more than just friends.

A.N: Hey guys! Hope you liked this story, this chapter is pretty long compared to the others but I feel like it's not complete. Would you like a part 2? If so please tell me and if you liked this one-shot don't forget to vote. Love you guys!