[9]

"Sof, I'm so bored." Dove said throwing her phone on the couch.

As usual, Sofia's best friend Dove invited herself to Sofia's house. It usually happened when Dove was bored or needed some help with her homework. In both cases, Sofia would be pissed at her but after all, she was her best friend and she enjoyed her company.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Sofia said.

"No, we always watch movies. I wanna do something different." Dove said groaning and, out of nowhere, suddenly the inspiration finally came.

"Sof, what if we pretend to look like each other and go around like that?" Dove asked with excitement in her voice.

Sofia thought the idea was childish, like something a middle schooler would come up with.

"What do you mean? I'm telling you, I'll never let you dye my hair." Sofia said putting things straight.

"No Sofia, not like that." Dove said rolling her eyes. 

"I meant that we could wear wigs and go around like that for the day." she continued.

"It seems really stupid plus I don't have any wig." Sofia said.

"Oh come on Sof, it's just for fun and we can buy them anyway." Dove said.

Before Sofia could even reply, Dove took her purse and Sofia's arm and quickly got out of the house.

"Dove, I didn't even say yes!" Sofia exclaimed.

"Shut up Sofia, you know we're gonna have fun." Dove said.

They stopped at a local store that sold every sort of thing. After endless hours, they finally picked their wigs: a blonde and long one with bangs for Sofia and a dark brown wavy wig for Dove.

After countless selfies, they got out of the store, ready to start their new life as blonde and brunette.

"So, where should we go first?" Dove asked her friend.

"I really need to get a book for my history project." Sofia said.

"We're basically starting a new life and the first thing you wanna do is go to the bookshop?" Dove asked.

"Oh come on, it'll be quick." Sofia said.

"Fine, but don't get all nerdy when we get in." Dove said groaning. 

As they got in, the little bell over the door rang. When she was surrounded by books, Sofia felt like entering her own little world. She began searching for a book that could help her do something original for her project and this task seemed more difficult than she expected.

"Sorry to interrupt your little search, but since when librarians have been such hotties?" Dove whispered to her pointing in your direction with her gaze.

Sofia turned around and she had to say, Dove wasn't wrong. You made something so simple like putting books on a shelf seem the most fascinating thing on the planet.

"Sofia you're basically drooling all over the floor, go talk to her." Dove suggested.

"What if she doesn't like me?" Sofia said worriedly.

"Girl come on, have you looked at yourself? If she says no to you, that's a big loss for her and now you're blonde, who would reject a blondie?" Dove said not only completing Sofia but even herself, even though her blonde locks were now covered by the brunette wig.

Sofia took a deep breath and then went over to you.

"I love this book. Do you mind if I take this?" she asked with a bit of nervousness in her voice.

"Not at all, I mean it's a bookshop after all." you said putting the last book on the shelf. Sofia felt quite stupid for what she just said and she would've walked out right at that moment out of embarrassment if she didn't hear what you were about to say.

"Wow, pretty and you read? You really got it all." you said facing her now. 

You never thought you could meet such a gorgeous person on one of your usual boring days at work. Being a librarian wasn't your first choice but money didn't grow on trees, so while you were in college still trying to figure out what you wanted to do in the future, saving up something for yourself wouldn't hurt. That day, you've never felt more grateful for taking that job.

"Thanks, so I think I'll get this one." Sofia said still blushing from your compliment.

"Great, just pay and then you're good to go." you said going over to the cash register.

Sofia searched for her wallet everywhere, in the pockets of her jeans, of her jacket and then she realized she left it home. 

"I don't have any cash right here with me. I guess I'll come back another time." Sofia said feeling pretty sad that she didn't even get your name while she was handing you the book.

"You know what? Just take it." you said handing her the book back.

"What? No, just let me pay for it next time I'll come." she said.

"Oh come on, it's nothing. Plus, you're probably the only person other than me who has read this book. It was probably gonna be abandoned on a dirty shelf" you said.

"We don't even know each other's name and you wanna pay for me?" she said.

"Nice to meet you I'm Y/n and you are?" you asked.

"Sofia." she said introducing herself.

"Well Sofia, now that we know each other, just let me pay for this book." you said.

"Can I repay you in some way?" she said trying not to think about the fact that her name coming out of your mouth felt so natural and right. 

You seemed to think about it even though you knew damn well what you wanted.

"Maybe I could take you out for dinner tonight?" you said smirking hoping you weren't just making a fool of yourself.

Sofia was a little taken back, in a good way obviously. She didn't expect the situation to go this way, but she definitely didn't complain. 

"That seems like a great idea to me." Sofia said flirting back at you.

"Great, I'll take you to one of the best places in town. See you tonight beautiful." you said winking.

Sofia got her book and mumbled a shily goodbye before giggling and getting out of the bookshop with Dove. Maybe she should've tried wearing a blonde wig more often.

A.N: Hey guys! I know this chapter it's shorter compared to the other ones, but don't worry a part 2 will come. If you have any request about a new one-shot, let me know in the comments and if you liked this chapter please vote. Love you guys!