[5]

You were walking down the hallways of your high school

You were walking down the hallways of your high school. Well, actually you were running. You were late for class, again. Your alarm didn't go off and after cursing for about ten minutes, you reached your class. You knocked on the door and waited for an answer and then got in.

"Y/l/n, please take your seat and try to get here on time the next time." your teacher said and then kept talking about her subject. You quickly apologized and went to sit next to your best friend China.

"Where were you? I phoned you so many times." she whispered trying not to catch the attention of your teacher.

"I'm sorry, my alarm didn't go off this morning." you said taking your book. She rolled her eyes. 

"Anyway, tonight there's a party at Sarah's house. Are you coming?" she asked you.

"Yeah sure." you said. 

"Great, I'll ask the others too later." China said.

The bell rang and after a couple of hours, it was lunchtime. You went to the cafeteria and after taking your lunch, you spotted your friends.

"Hey guys." you said and they all greeted you. You put your tray on the table and then went to hug your girlfriend Sofia.

"Hey Sof." you said and kissed her cheek and then sat down next to her. 

"Hey babe." she said smiling at you.

"Ew, get a room." Dove, Sofia's best friend, said.

"Oh shut up Dove, yesterday I caught you and Thomas making out in the janitor's closet." you said. She immediately blushed while the others laughed.

"You're horrible. You promised you wouldn't say that." she said covering her face in embarrassment.

"Oops." you said.

"Anyway, guys there's a party tonight at Sarah's house. Are you coming?" China asked and everyone agreed to go apart from Sofia.

"I don't know if I wanna see her." Sofia said looking at you. You were quite confused at first and then you understood why she was worried.

Sarah was your ex-girlfriend. After you and Sofia got together, she always had a feeling that Sarah still loved you, even though you reassured her that everything was fine and that it was a mutual breakup. 

"Oh come on, Sof. It'll be fun. Plus we haven't been hanging out together for a while since you have to work a lot." you said trying to convince her.

A lot of Sofia's time was spent working hard on her dream to become an actress so she wasn't always free to hang out with her friends. She thought about it for a moment: she felt bad that you and her didn't spend some time together anymore so she agreed to go to the party. Maybe she was overreacting and Sarah was really over you.