30

A T R E U S

2 weeks later

"Tell me again."

"I'm here all alone and missing you...well not really you but..."

"But what? You didn't say that before when you were practically moaning in my ear." I contorted only slightly amused by her teasing.

"I was not moaning in your ear. I was only matching the energy you were sending me over the phone."

"Not my fault that two long weeks of abstinence has me sexually frustrated and then you call with your sexy accent all contorted with sleep." I cursed aloud at that and combed back my hair, my anatomy not cooperating with my commands.

This has been our thing every night since. Me calling at the only time I am free and with her being in a different time zone most of the time is it an unreasonable hour for her to be up. If I called during the day most times she couldn't answer and vice versa.

I really saw it as a challenge in our relationship, not in terms of cons but a way to test us both to see if we can go the long run. For now, it was still relatively easy and it would have to be because this was her life that she is accustomed to and I wasn't particularly always home. As far as I knew I don't think she has been to Germany since seeing as they went from one race to another with meetings, interviews and events between.

"You've been abstinent for years so why are you suddenly so frustrated?" Her voice halted my thoughts.

"True but so have you and I'm sure your no better."

"Yes, but that's because I didn't know what I was missing." Exactly.

"Right and that makes three weeks without you feel like an entire lifetime."

"Three weeks, we can go three weeks." I hoped so.

The plan was that she would be there for the dinner after my parents' ceremony in France that I begged her to come to.

"Well, we finally put delayed gratification to the test."

"I suppose."

"What are you doing right now, what are you wearing, at this moment?" I continued and folded my arm behind my head

"I'm wearing clothes and talking to my boyfriend that is playing coy and dancing around his true motive to have phone sex even if we just talked about delayed gratification."

"I could only imagine the smirk you must have now." She knew me too well.

"Don't forget it baby, I am your boyfriend."

"How could I." A soft yawn followed her words, turning my smirk into a small smile.

"Remember wear something blue-"

"To match your outfit, yes I know Atreus." Smiling like a child on Christmas I revelled at the fact that I got her to say my name one last time before she fell asleep.

"I'll let you go now."

"Don't, not ever." She retorted sleepily.

"Not ever baby, I'll call you again tomorrow well not unless you do first."

I heard soft ruffling in the background and the soft hum of the bus she was traveling in now that she was silent.

"Good night." Half asleep, I got a soft hum in response. Unable to hang up even if I was exhausted myself, I kept listening until her soft steady breaths indicated she was asleep.

I was really hoping I would hear her whisper my name again that I knew she was unaware of doing all the times she fell asleep on the phone with me.

"I-I... good night baby." Shaking my head, I pulled the phone away from my ear and hung up the hours long call we just had.

And just like every night since a week ago, I hardly slept with all the thoughts running through my head.

Soon, was the last thing I thought before falling into a dream filled sleep. 

Vote and comment, enjoy your day/night.