Chapter Twenty-two

- 𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝 -

Third person's POV....

<Treasure Hunt> that was the first thing that Tsukauchi read after he opened the letter that was given by White Rabbit not to long ago. Because of how busy he was with a sudden case, he had postponed the time to read the letter that was handed by Tsuragamae to him.

Tsuragamae had read it of course. But that poor chief ended up bedridden due to an undeniable stress that kept on rising.

Of course naturally Tsukauchi was not aware that the cause of the chief's stress was not due to the Vigilantes' case instead due to the pressure that the Commission gave.

Let's all pray for Tsuragamae's health. A moment of silence please.

Tsukauchi frowned when he read that. 'Treasure hunt?' Tsukauchi confused. What the hell does that even mean? Tsukauchi at least expected a normal greeting that always written in a letter and not a straight to the point one.

But it's better this way actually. It made him realized that White Rabbit isn't someone who likes to sugarcoat her words.

Tsukauchi read more of the letter content. There's not much written on it.

<I believe that you know very well what is the meaning behind Treasure Hunt as the name is pretty familiar to everyone. That's why let's cut to the chase. In the duration of two years you have to find this treasures. If you succeeded then we will give ourselves to you without hesitation. But if you fail, I believe you are well aware of what you should do.>

It almost sounds childish, but it is indeed scary in Tsukauchi's opinion. He likes to play treasure hunt when he was a little kid. But somehow that game scared him when it was suggested by the vigilante.

Tsukauchi swallowed down his saliva and continued reading.

<There are five treasures that were hiding all around Japan. And among this five, if you managed to catch the 'lead' then you succeeded on capturing the other four.>

Tsukauchi frowned. 'Lead?' He continued reading.

<They're together but not together. They're far away but they're also close. One lead to another, but there's one that lead to all four.>

'She wrote it in a riddle!' Tsukauchi internally exclaimed. His forehead frowned even more. This going to be much more troublesome. Tsukauchi isn't someone who can easily solved a riddle like this.

This is too confusing!

<Forest are calming but they're also deadly.>
<Mysterious yet full of ambition and kept a high dignity of self.>
<Elegance yet bold.>
<Passionate and dangerous yet lovable.>
<Victorious.>