A hard day's night, part 3

George was about to go into his first solo surgery

"Open identify ligate irrigate close. Open identify ligate irrigate close. Open identify ligate irrigate close." he muttered.

"He's going to faint. He's a fainter." one intern said in the gallery.
"Naaah, code brown. Right in his pants." another intern said.
"He's all about the flops, he's going to sweat himself unsterile." the intern replied.
"Ten bucks says he messes up the McBird."another intern says.
"Twenty says he cries." Cristina offered.
"I'll put twenty on a total meltdown." the intern offered.
"Fifty says he pulls the whole thing off."Meredith said to everyone. Naomi sat down beside her and Cristina.
Everybody looks at her, silent.
"She's right that's one of us, down there. The first one of us. Where's your loyalty?"Naomi said.
"Seventy-five says he can't even ID the appendix."Cristina said breaking the slilence.
"I'll take that action." Izzie said while the others aggree.

"Okay, O'Malley, let's see what you can do."
"Here it comes."Meredith said.
"Scalpel."George orders.
"Scalpel."the nurce said.

George takes it, the interns cheer from the gallery. Burke motions for them to shut up.
"That Burke, he's trouble. " Cristina daid making the other interns laugh.

George gets ready to cut.
"More pressure. Human flesh is a tough shell, dig in." Burke said.
"Pick-ups."
"Pick-ups."
"Clamp."
"Clamp."
"Met some bone. I'm there." Geore said exited.

"Damn, he got the peritoneum and he opened him up."
"we told you, he's going to pull it off."Noami said as she and Meredith smiled.
"Scalpel." George said.
"Scalpel."
"Appendix is out" tossing it into a tray smiling under his mask.
"Not bad."Burk said.
"Thank you."
"Now all you have to do is invert the stump into the cecum and simultaneously pull up on the purse-strings but be careful not to break them. He ripped the cecum. Got a bleeder. You're filling with stool, what do you do now?" Burk says sternly.
"uh....umm"George said lost for words.
"Think. You start the suction, and you start digging for those purse-strings before she bleeds to death. Belky, give him a clamp."Burk says.
"BP's dropping."a nurce ounces.

"He's choking."Cristina says.
"Come on, George."Meredith whispered.
Today. Pull your balls out of your back pocket, let's go. What are you waiting for, suction?" Burk said to George.
"Getting too low folks... Dr Burke..." a nurce said.
"Get out of the way. Pansy-ass idiot. Get him out of here. Suction. Clamp."Burk said pushing George out of the way.

"007." an intern called Alex karev said.
"007, yep, that's a total 007."another intern said.
"What's 007 mean?" asked Naomi.
"Licensed to kill." she answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The interns were sitting on spare beds along an empty corridor.
"007. They're calling me 007, aren't they?"George sulked in a wheelchair. While Naom, Cristina, Meredith and Izzie sat next to each other on the bed.
"No one's calling you 007."Meredith and Izzie said at the same time.
" I was on the elevator and Murphy whispered 007 in my ear" George said.
"Oh, how many times do we have go through this, George, five, ten? Give me a number or else I'm going to hit you."Cristina said to him.
"Murphy whispered 007 and everyone laughed."George said.
"He wasn't talking about you."Naomi said.
"You sure?"George said.
"Would we lie to you?"Naomi said.
"Yes."
"007 is a state of mind."Cristina said.
"So says the girl who finished top of her class at Stanford."George said.
Naomi Pagers beeps.
"Oh man. It's 911 for Katie Bryce. I gotta go. " Naomi says before running off.
"Maybe I should've gone into geriatrics. No one minds when you kill an old person."George said.
"Surgery is hot, it's the Marines, it's the macho, it's hostile, it's hardcore. Geriatrics is for freaks who live with their mothers and never have sex."Cristina says.
"I've got to get my own place."George says.