2- queen bee

Kacie POV
Eliza and I, one of my best friends sat down in our seats, in business studies, ready to learn. We weren't nerds, but we were clever. No day was really a bad day, at school anyway. It was kind of an escape, from home, from my head, from everything.

'Do you want to go to that party on the weekend?' Eliza asked me whilst smirking,
'Yeah alright, after work though, I finish at 5. Who's house is it at?' I replied back, whilst getting out my books.
'Graces' Eliza told me.
Of course it was, me and grace weren't really friends, in fact we just weren't friends, she had given me a few bitchy looks in the corridors before, but I didn't mind, maybe she was just in a bad mood all the times we crossed past each other. Just as the bell went for class to start, the door hit the wall as it opened widely, here she was, queen bee of Preston, Olivia. She walked towards us with an emotionless face, and sat next to me, as I sat on the back row, and she sat in the corner seat, we had spoken a few times but not much. It wasn't that I was scared to speak to her, well I was a bit, but it was more the fact that it was like talking to a wall half the time, either she replied to my conversations with blank facial expressions, or one word answers, I knew she must have some sort of emotions behind those gorgeous green eyes of hers.

'Hey olivia' i said brightly, she looked at me blankly, of course, but to my surprise she replied
'Hey' she said with a small smile, I'll take that as a win.
For the rest of the lesson she sat in silence though, not doing any work, just staring straight forward.

Right, she's either fallen asleep with her eyes open, or is in complete day dream I thought to myself.

'Ms Hudson' our teacher said abruptly, no reply, 'ms Hudson' he said in a more aggressive manner. This time olivia looked up a bit shocked, looking almost confused as to where she was.

'Yeah' she replied bluntly.

'Are you taking part in this lesson or is this just a free period to you' he said with a frown on his face. I hated this teacher, so passive aggressive. I turned my head to face olivia to see her reaction to his comment , but she just shrugged.

He grew angry now, 'go outside' he said angrily. And she did just that, she picked up her bag and walked outside, with no care in the world, her dark brown hair flowed as she walked out.
I could never do that, I'm terrified of being a disappointment, to anyone, I've done it too many times in the past, so I couldn't deal with rejection of any sort.
5 minutes had passed, it seemed he was ignoring olivia, as he hadn't bothered to go outside to speak to her.

I raised my hand 'could I go to the loo please sir' I asked politely, he nodded with a faint smile.

I walked outside the classroom and to my shock, olivia wasn't there. Why was I disappointed?

Regardless, I walk into the toilets and there she is, in the end cubicle, vapour rising to the ceiling as she leant against the cubicle wall, looking at her phone.