23- promise me this is forever

Olivia POV
I hated myself for it, but I still loved her.

I finished eating and we walked back towards school as we both had a lesson in fourth period.

We smiled at eachother and went our separate ways to our lessons.

Graces POV

I sat in my English literature lesson, and I see kacie walk in. We make eye contact and I move my eyes towards the empty seat next to me, implying for her to sit there. And she did. I may not be as popular as liv, but I could still get my own way with pretty much anything.

'Have you spoken to her?' I ask, keeping my eyes forward, not even bothering to look in her direction.

She sighed before speaking. 'Yeah. We did. It was rough'

'You broke her heart you know.'

'I know, I'll never forgive myself for it.' And I can hear her voice starting to break from crying.

I didn't care though, she broke my girls heart.

'Good, you shouldn't. You have no idea what she's been like for the last four months.' I say sternly, still not even bothering to look at her.

There was silence for a moment, and I started to think she wouldn't reply to what I said, which angered me even further, until she spoke.

'How can I fix this?' She asks me.

And to be honest I didn't know. I knew liv would take her back regardless, because she's so weak when it came to kacie. I wish she wasn't, kacie didn't deserve her, especially after what she did.

Liv doesn't even know that me and Kacie were primary school best friends. And it was only in year 7, when we started at Preston, that I kind of cut her off. I was popular, and she wasn't. And so we didn't speak for pretty much the whole 5 years.

'I don't know kace, but you can't give up on her. She's fragile' I say,

'I know, but part of me feels like she doesn't want me back anyway, maybe I should just give up and let her move on.'

'That's pathetic' i pronounce loudly, causing almost the whole class to look at us.

When people look away again, I turn to her for the first time and looked her in the eyes.

'Don't you remember what you're mum used to tell us whenever we had an argument?'

She looked at me back and I could tell she was thinking, but after a moment she just shook her head in confusion.

'You don't give up on someone you love. And if you truly love someone, you'll fight for them. You can't just give up because it isn't easy. The best types of love are the ones hardest to fight for.' I say, and she grins.

'You're right' she says.

'You mean you're mums right.' I say, and I can see a tear in her eye.

Her mum was always amazing. I even cried when liv told me what had happened to her. She didn't deserve it.

I smiled at kacie.

'I'm hosting a party, this Friday, and I only just managed to get liv to agree to come. So I'm expecting you to be there. And that isn't a request, it's an order.' I say.

'I'm sure it can't have been that hard to convince her to go, she loves to party' she says, with a small giggle.

I don't laugh or smile back, and keep my head forward.

'Yeah, well since you left, she's been to 3 parties through 4 months, you know we missed over 30 party's because she couldn't leave her bed without crying. I don't think you really understand the effect you had on her Kace. She's been reliant on medication. Sometimes me and the girls had to physically lift her out of bed, and balance her to stand by herself to try and take her outside. She couldn't even walk, she couldn't eat. And I still don't know if she is. I mean have you even seen her?'