16- dangerously, in love

Olivia POV
I woke up with kacies arm wrapped around me, and I just smiled, I was so happy I had my girl back already.

I got up and walked downstairs to my mum sat at the kitchen table, 'morning mum' I say,
'Morning sweetie, come sit down' she says, and so I sit.

She looks at me for a moment before speaking, 'Honey, are you and kacie dating?' She asks me, and the nerves hit me, 'umm, why?' I ask back.

'You're always cuddling sweetheart, when I walked in your room this morning to see if you're awake, you were snuggled up together, and whenever you say she's coming round, you smile more than anything, I don't mind if you are babe' she says,

I wait for a second before talking, 'yeah mum we are, I'm sorry if I disappoint you.' I say, sighing and looking down. 'Of course I'm not disappointed don't say that, I'm happy as long as you're happy, i love you' she says hugging me, and then I start to cry, 'I love you too mum', as my dad walks into the kitchen after being in the garden,

'What's all these emotions for so early on?' He asks,
'Liv and kacie are dating' my mum says with a smile,
He looks at me for a moment before walking over to me and giving me a hug 'love you kid, as long as you're happy, we are' he says and I smile 'love you too dad.'

'Now go and see if kacies awake, we were all going to go out for breakfast' my mum says, patting my back.

I quietly step upstairs and go into my room, and she's still peacefully asleep, 'baby' I say, 'wake up gorgeous' and she squints her eyes before slightly opening them. 'What?' She asks with a confused look, 'do you want to go out for breakfast?' I ask, 'you go, I'm going to stay here and sleep a little longer' she says, 'okay babe, I love you' I say kissing her on the cheek before walking out and bumping into Harley. 'Morning' I say with a smile, 'morning liv, you coming for breakfast?' He asks. 'Sure am, Kace is still sleeping though'

We walk downstairs together and leave the house with both pairs of parents, and head towards the closest cafe to us.

~sorry I didn't come to breakfast, I'm going home now, speak to you later, I love you xx~ kacie

~okay babe, I came out to my parents while you were asleep and they're happy for us! I love you more xx~ liv

~omg that's amazing!!~ kacie

I turn my phone off and turn back to continue a conversation with my parents. I finally felt truly happy. Everything was finally falling into place.

Kacies POV
A smile is spread across my face as I leave livs house, it made me so happy that she had told her parents about me, it made me feel like she really does want this long term, which made me even happier, and it inspired me to do the same, I knew my mom would support me, but I wasn't so sure about my dad.

When he is sober he's an okay person, still not great, but a little better than when he's drunk.

I walk through my front door as my parents are sat at the kitchen table, 'hi hun, how was Olivia?' She asks, fuck here goes nothing.

'She was good, anyway, um, there's something I need to tell you guys.'

My mums face drops a little, as she can see the worry in my eyes, and my dad just keeps his head down, sipping his coffee.

'What it is honey?'

'I, uhh, so Olivia, is, uh, my girlfriend.' I say, the nerves in my stomach going wild.

My mum looks at me for a moment as she stands up and gives me a tight hug, and I just burst into tears,
'I love you no matter what, I'm not angry baby' she says, 'Thankyou mum, I love you' I reply, laughing and wiping the tears away, I look to my dad and he's sat with his arms folded, with a large frown on his face.