11- lost her crunch

Olivias POV
It was Monday morning, that had been my favourite half term so far, although I didn't see kacie once, or hear from her. But as I was busy almost everyday with my best friends and a selection of different hot boys, I was distracted from her.

Sure, she still gave me butterflies thinking about her, but this week had reminded me how much I loved my life, my old life, of drinking, partying, and hooking up with boys. Maybe kacie was just a fever dream, who knows.

I walked into school, and it felt like a breath of fresh air, the losers looking down as I walk past, my power was amazing. I walk in with my airpods in, and my head up high, not wearing kacies hoodie today, it was in my bag, though.

'Liv is back in action baby' Grace says laughing, as I walk in with my RBF.
'Fuck yeah she is' I reply, sitting down and smirking,

We had our usual catch up, despite the fact we had only been apart from one day, and bitched about people, my favourite thing to do.

I didn't have business studies until Thursday, so that was good, I wasn't really bothered to see kacie anymore, I had almost forgotten what her beautiful face actually looked like, as I hadn't seen her in over a week.

The day drags through slowly as I sit through my lessons, bored out of my mind, since most of the time me and my friends were split up, because all we did was distract lessons.

Me and Sophie walk into canteen and sit down next to Grace and Jacy, who had already gotten food, I had lost my appetite though, so I didn't eat lunch today. We laugh for pretty much the whole of lunch, Grace throwing a lettuce leaf at a student in the younger years, which made us all laugh, part of me felt bad for probably traumatising these poor kids, but the other part of me didn't care, i side eye kacie, who's engaged in a conversation with her group of friends, I quickly looked back to my friends though.

'How's your bitch' jacy asked, clearly regarding kace.
'Firstly, she isn't My bitch, and secondly, I don't know, I haven't spoken to her all week' I say honestly,

'She looks like a fucking tomato today' Sophie says laughing, and I'm a little confused but just laugh with them,

'Yeah, seems like your little vegetable has lost a bit of her crunch' Grace says, giggling

'Why is she suddenly a vegetable?' I ask laughing but clearly confused,

'Her face got beat, badly it looks, I saw her in maths today, she was still smiling, obviously, but with a purple eye and bust lip' Sophie says, I glance over to look at kacie and they were right,

I hadn't noticed it the first time I glimpsed at her, but her left eye was indeed bright purple from bruising, and I could see the cuts on her lip from halfway across the canteen. My heart dropped a little, and then she looks straight at me, almost as if she knew we were talking about her.

She had sadness in her eyes, I wanted to go and hug her, but I just looked away, whilst she was still looking at me, before looking a way a moment after.

'Wonder who fucked her up' I say, whilst taking a sip of my bottled water.

'Don't know, don't care ' jacy says. And we change the subject, but she's still in my mind.

It was last lesson, biology, and I left the room, the teacher didn't even question it anymore, and just let me leave, I walk into the toilets and hit my vape, before pulling out my phone, I hear a slight whimper. Someone was crying in the toilets, I didnt pay much attention to it, until another whimper came, and I recognised the voice.

'Kace?' I ask softly, and suddenly the crying stops, a nearby cubicle door opens and there she is, her eyes full of water, glistening, I looked at her for a moment as she stared at me helplessly, and I ran over and pulled her into a hug.