3- that goddamn smile

Olivia POV
I sat in the toilets quietly, music blasting through one of my AirPods, I pulled out my vape and hit it, being sent out of that lesson was more a blessing than a curse.
I heard the door creek open, and I don't even bother to look up incase it's my teacher, as he is, obviously, a he, meaning he isn't allowed to come in. I ignore it, and carry on scrolling through Instagram.

'Are you okay?' A soft voice suddenly says.

I jumped a little, not expecting it, and looking up, it's Kacie.

'Yeah why' I ask bluntly, her smile still stuck on her face 'because you kind of just got kicked out of class and I thought you might have been upset or something' she giggled innocently.

'No why would I be upset haha' I reply back with a fake yet genuine sounding laugh at the end, she just shrugged her shoulders. We looked at eachother for a second, she looked sort of scared, but at the same time relaxed. I looked away after a few seconds of intense eye contact, and stared back down at my phone. A few moments later, I look back up and she's still stood there, not staring at me though, just looking up at the ceiling whilst leaning on the sinks.

'What are you doing' I asked her, carefully admiring her face, she was actually quite pretty, stunning you mean the voice deep inside my head said. She had short black hair that was just below her shoulders , with brown eyes.
'Just chilling I guess' she replied with a smile, that goddamn smile.
'Alright' i said with a small smile, she was nice, and I didn't know why, after all I had definitely given her and her group their fair share of bitch stares over the years. 'Are you going to graces on Friday?' I continue.
'Uhh maybe, Eliza wanted to go so I guess I'll go with her, I'm guessing you are.' She said, stating more than asking. And I just nodded softly, teeth showing through my smile, and I never smiled really, unless to my friends. She just nodded and said 'see you there then' I nodded back and she left the toilets.

Why did she just make me smile? I wondered to myself, she was a nerd, in my eyes anyway. The bell goes, meaning it's time for second period. I stand up and walk to my lesson, not completely sure how I managed to avoid my business studies teachers wrath. I'm not complaining though.

The day dragged on after that, and it was finally lunch. Me and my friends walked into the canteen, giving bitchy stares all round, I say that, it was mostly me and grace, Sophie and Jacy were much more friendly and approachable. I liked that though, it was a good balance, and plus, I liked being scary to people, it was a sign of approval in my head, like a win.

I look around, making sure no one was on our table, and as usual, it was empty, our table was in the middle of canteen. We grab our food, I take a pot of pasta from the refrigerated section whilst sneaking a bottle of drink, why would I bother paying for a drink? We sit down, and I gaze across the room once again, this time catching eyes with kacie, we stared at each other, after a second she smiled slightly, and I looked away, not smiling back. I don't want her to think we're friends, because we're definitely not. After that I fall into another day dream, zoning out, I always did this, it's just a common occurrence.

'Olivia' jacy says whilst clapping in my face, I quickly jolt my eyes focus over to her, whilst they all laugh at me for zoning out. 'Yeah sorry ' I say whilst laughing myself, when I was with my best friends, I was at my happiest, and smiling and laughing most of the time. 'Sooo, are you going to shag jake on Friday?' Jacy asks, and I smirk back 'maybe i will' I reply. They all laugh back as I continue 'I actually haven't really thought about it, I may as well though, I haven't fucked anyone in a month' I say. Jake was this hot boy from the opposite school, he had light brown hair that was short on the sides and long on the top, he was beautiful to be honest, I definitely wouldn't mind him being on me for the whole night. But I'm not a whore, my body count was only 5, and I was 16, so no biggie, right?