19- a new beginning

Olivia POV
I knocked on graces door and a moment later she opened the door,
'Hey babes' she says, grasping me into a hug.

I decided to spend the last few days of summer break at graces, with Sophie and Jacy.

They were already inside when I got there and I hugged them both too.

'Guys, I want this year to be a good one' I say, smiling.

'Oh it will be, we are officially sixth form. We can wear our own clothes, we will look hot, everyday' Sophie says.

'Oh definitely, we could literally peak this year' Jacy says, and grace agrees.

We decided to walk to the shops to get some food for dinner, so we threw on hoodies and left the house.
Autumn was arriving, the leaves were browning and the cold air was making its entrance, after one of the hottest summers we've ever had.

The cold breeze felt so safe to me, I felt at one with myself. It reminded me of when I first started speaking to that girl who made me realise what love is. My heart jumped at the thought of her. When I gave her my hoodie after she came into the restaurant, drenched from rain. When we walked to tesco together, and I held her hand in public with no fear. She made me a better person, even if she didn't know it, or thought otherwise. She made me brave, and she turned me soft. But she was gone. So it doesn't matter.  

I shook my head physically to try and get the thoughts of her out of my head, as we continued walking. Unfortunately, we had to walk down kacies road to get to the shops, as we began to walk nearer to her house, grace and Sophie, who were stood next to me, held my hands as I squeezed them, as Jacy held Sophie's hand, and we all walked past together. I glimpsed as it, it looked empty, probably because it was. It looked untouched, the bushes that used to be beautiful, had all died, and the grass was still dried out from summer. It broke my heart a little, but I just turned my head away from it, and we carried on walking.

I really missed her, I hate to admit it to myself, but I haven't gotten over her one little bit. And what's quite embarrassing, is that, if she came back and told me she was sorry, I'd be back with her in a heart beat. She had that power over me, and I hated It.

We walked around tesco for a while and picked out some salad pieces, and some chicken, to make a chicken salad, and grabbed some sweet potato fries.

We payed and left, having to walk back past kacies house, but I didn't even look at it this time.

All night we gossiped about boys and the whole of summer. It wasn't as eventful as we had hoped before, as half the time we were all in my bed as they comforted me, but there were still quite a few good moments. I really loved them all, people may hate us because we are popular and bitchy, but they were beautiful on the inside even more than the outside.

A few days later

It was Sunday morning, we were all in bad moods, considering we had school tomorrow for the first time in a couple of months, and I felt sick to my stomach from the underlying knowledge that kacie could be back. I left after about an hour of being awake and walked home.

The weather was so grey today. The sky's were light grey, it had rained overnight, so the ground was wet, and there were puddles spread around. Brown leaves covered some pathways, but I liked it. Comforting.

I was of course, wearing kacies hoodie, I needed something to remind me of her. I'm human, and a human in love. A human who had their young heart broken again. But I was a human who was eventually going to heal from her, and all the pain she caused me.

Sometimes when I thought about her, and what she did, I would punch my wall in anger. I couldn't believe after all the moments we had together, she could just leave. After I got all my anger out, I commonly found myself sitting on my floor, crying, because I knew that she didn't mean to make me angry, or even upset, she didn't want me to be hurt at all, and that's why she did what she did.