jongho // military

i never thought the day would come, today jongho was leaving to go to the military. i had prayed that a miracle would happen and he wouldn't have to go, but that sort of stuff only happens in dreams, this is horrible..

i climbed into the car with jongho and his friends and family who were also seeing him off, i took a seat next to him and stayed silent, looking out of the window the whole trip. honestly i didn't want to do this, but i was hiding the tears that were slowly building up in my eyes, my face stung as i tried to hold in the tears and sobs that were nearly escaping. time passed too quickly and before i knew it we were at the airport, we all slowly made our way inside as jongho spoke to his friends and family, i quickly grabbed jongho's hand seeing that we were slowly approaching the gates.

"please don't go" i whispered

"i have to.." jongho mumbled under his breath

as we stood infront of the gates he turned around and started saying goodbye to everybody, leaving me until last.

"i'll miss you.. i will text you whenever i can!" he said gently squeezing my hand to reassure me, looking at his smile is what set me off, i clung onto his sweater and started sobbing into his chest. i heard an announcement start to play in the airport,

"flight 14 now boarding" it rang out through the building

i quickly pulled back and wiped my eyes and nose faking a smile,

"goodbye y/n, stay safe" he said slowly letting go of my arm

"bye jongho.." i said managing to control my tears

he slowly turned around, gripping his suitcase and heading towards the gate. this would really be the last time i saw him for 18 months? as the realisation hit me i collapsed to the ground, sobbing into my hands. jongho wanted to come back but he had to keep walking, tears formed in his eyes too but he held them back as well as he could, he would just cry it out on the plane.

i felt a hand on my shoulder and i lifted my head slightly to see jongho's friend seonghwa looking at me with empathy in his eyes, he reached out his hand which i hesitantly took as he lifted me back to my feet.

"let's get you back home, this year will go quickly i promise you"

i didn't reply and just started walking out faster than everyone else, i passed the car and just kept walking, i walked until i saw my friends house in the distance. i quickly knocked on the door until she opened it with a confused expression on her face, i collapsed into her arms as soon as i saw her, embracing her.

"soo-ah..." i whispered as i sobbed into her shoulder

"what happened y/n?!" she screamed, confused

"he's gone.. jongho is gone" i said through sobs