mingi // workplace romance

i pushed back my hair in frustration as i stared at the monitor in front of me. glancing at my coffee cup next to me, noticing that it was empty. i sighed and pulled my hair slightly before grabbing it and walking over to the break room. i approached the coffee machine and slowly started filling up my cup again, focusing on reading a poster that was plastered on the wall in front of me. i was completely obnoxious of my surroundings, too obnoxious to notice my manager staring at me.

my focus was taken off the poster by my boss, mingi, leaning on the wall next to the coffee machine. he stared at me with a smirk before finally speaking to me
"you look stressed, what's up? he said, his head tilting slightly as he spoke. i gave off an unamused look before grabbing my cup and turning to him.
"your work schedules are incredibly long and stressful, you should let people cut down on work a little" i said, avoiding eye contact with him.
he hummed in agreement and slumped back on the wall, staring at the ceiling.
"oh y/n.." he mumbled, still focused on the ceiling as i started to turn around and walk out. that was until i felt a hand on my waist.
"come to my office, we can talk about your schedule. i'm free right now" he mumbled lowly into my ear causing my cheeks to tint red. i didn't say anything, just simply nodding before walking to his office, remaining in front of him. i opened the door and took a seat at one of the metal chairs in front of the desk, at which he shook his head and laughed.
"take my seat y/n it's a lot comfier" he said, grabbing my arm lightly and guiding me to the black chair behind his desk. i thanked him and looked down, flustered at his actions.

"so about my work hours?" i suddenly spoke up making his head perk up slightly, he nodded his head and started walking towards the desk infront of me, taking a seat.
"i mean i can't do much since it's nearly christmas and everyone is putting extra hours in to buy gifts" he said, looking at the floor with his arms crossed
"i don't need to buy gifts for anyone, give my hours to someone that does!" i said while rolling my eyes, earning a small laugh from mingi
"alright y/n i can try and give away some of your hours, well you can even go home early for today, take care y/n" he said grabbing my hand and guiding me out of his office slowly, patting me on my lower back when we got to the door
"goodbye mingi, have a good night" i said,  nodding, before leaving the office quickly with my bag. mingi stood in his office doorframe smiling as he watched you leave, in all truth you drove him crazy. it's because of how stubborn yet awkward you are, something about that made him fall for you.

i made my way out of the building and reached my car, unlocking it and climbing inside quickly. i locked the doors and leaned back on my head rest in relief that the day was over. i grabbed my keys and tried to start my car to no avail, i guess it's too cold, sometimes i hate winter. i groaned and hung my head, staring at the floor beneath me. that was until i was interrupted by a knock on my car window, i turned my head to see mingi looking at me with confusion, one eyebrow raised higher than the other. i lowered the window and mingi unlocked the door from the inside, opening the car door.
"i thought you would be gone by now" he spoke suddenly, leaning one of his hands on the car
"i would, if my engine was working" i said sighing, as i leaned my head on my seat in annoyance. mingi looked around as if he was thinking and turned back to me.
"i'll give you a ride home, it's dangerous outside at night as a woman. you don't have to walk." he said, not letting me argue back before grabbing my hand gently and pulling me out of the car, grabbing my keys from my back pocket and locking the car for me, before placing the keys back in my pocket. he smiled at me as he draped his arm around my shoulder, guiding me to his car. when we got there he opened the door for me as i climbed into the car, not saying a word the whole time. how am i supposed to react to this? he had always been friendly but giving me a lift home without me even asking is a whole new level of nice.