seonghwa // holidays abroad

finally! the holidays! i cannot wait to spend christmas with my family this year, this distance is slowly killing me. who knew going to a boarding school abroad could be so tiring.

i quickly opened my laptop and started googling how much it would be for the trip back home, of course, i didn't have enough. my parents would never pay this price, they probably sent me to the boarding school to get me away from them anyway!
whatever.. i should probably get to lesson now.

i took a seat next to the window where i always sat and pulled out my notebook. however, i noticed that there was nothing written on the whiteboard and then it hit me.. no one does schoolwork on the last day of school.. they just have fun! i quickly put my notebook away, stuffing it into my bag along with my pencil case. i looked out of the window thinking of ways i could get home, i seriously considered swimming or going illegally.

my thoughts were quickly interrupted when i heard someone take the seat next to me, it was park seonghwa, i had sat next to him for a month or two by now.

"what are you thinking about?" he said looking at me with a small smile

"oh just the holidays..!" i said trying to be enthusiastic

"oh! are you staying with your family?" he beamed excitedly

"well i was gonna.. i can't afford the trip back home" i said looking at the floor in disappointment

"what?! are you serious?" he said while looking shocked

"well yeah, i think i will have to stay here?" i said while faking a smile

"no!! you can't do that, please come and stay with me and my family for christmas!" he said grabbing, one of my hands

"but you don't even kn-"

"no buts! you are staying with me, you know my dad? mr park.. he teaches upstairs! i'm sure you have met him.. i will let him know! please pack your stuff as soon as you get back to your room, we are leaving in the evening!" he exclaimed excitedly

...

what just happened?

——————

i got back to my room and immediately started packing, not wanting to stall them any longer. i packed all my clothes except my uniform along with various other things like make up, shoes, random things i brought from home, etc. when i finished packing i sat back on my bed and just stayed there until i heard a knock on my door, i immediately went to answer it. seonghwa was standing there smiling at me excitedly.

"let's go! my dad is waiting!" he said suddenly

i grabbed my bags and made my way outside behind him, i saw his dad waiting in the car outside of the building.

——————

on the way to the airport it was pretty awkward, me and seonghwa didn't know eachother well enough to hold a conversation, so when i saw the airport i was very relieved. we quickly made our way to the gates and boarded the plane

——————

the plane journey was pretty boring too, i have no idea how i will be able to spend over 2 weeks with him and his family at this rate. i did have a few conversations with his dad though, he's a very nice man.

——————

when we got to their house i was shocked, it was clear that they are pretty wealthy. they even had their own driveway! maybe this won't be so bad?