Chapter Twenty-One

A/N – So it's been brought up a couple of times now, and tbh, I hadn't thought that far ahead specifically (I have up till the Mikaelson Ball written up and planned for atm), but do you guys like the idea of Damon, Rebekah, and Cas instead of Damon, Rebekah, and Sage for that one scene???

Cassandra stands in the gym with Klaus, Elena and Stefan. Each of them waiting on Bonnie to do whatever she has to to get answers and to find the fix for Klaus' hybrids. They have to figure it out. It is the only way Klaus is going to leave. And he will do whatever it takes to not bring Mikael into the fray. Cassandra has bought some time at least. Klaus has been thrown by the mention of Mikael. That works in their favour. For now. He'll come around and snap out of it soon enough and then they will have to figure out another plan. And they don't actually know where Mikael is yet, she just threw that out there and she isn't sure that he can be found. The statement did its job though. For now.

"How did you find out about Mikael?" Klaus asks Cassandra who shrugs a little.

"Ghost talk" She offers as she folds her arms over her chest. "And I'm guessing you've pissed off a fair few now dead people throughout your entire life"

"You're a lot craftier than I thought" Klaus admits.

"People have a habit of underestimating me" She offers and then holds up her hand, she now holds a bottle of whiskey, red mist disappearing from around it. "Drink?" Klaus shrugs a little.

"Why not?" He asks. "If we are to be stuck here until your witch does as she is told....glasses?" She holds up her other hand to reveal two glasses. Klaus takes them from her and the bottle as Stefan moves to Elena and checks on her neck wound. Cassandra holds out her hand towards her sister and moves her fingers. Red mist stitching the bite wound closed again. Stefan watches, amazed, he hasn't seen her do that before. Not in the same way Elena and Damon have. Everyone keeps underestimating her. Except for Damon.

"Can I ask something?" Cassandra asks Klaus who looks at her and raises an eyebrow. "Why my heart? It took Elena's blood...but..."

"It is where there is a concentration of your...." He pauses and then taps his fingers on his arms. He is aware of what these people believe about this girl. What she believes. "Powers" He admits. "It wasn't about the heart...."

"It was about my powers" She whispers, he nods. She frowns a little and then looks away. Something bothering her. Something now pinging at the back of her mind. It's not about her heart or her blood. It's her powers. And it's Elena's blood. She suddenly looks back at Klaus.

"What?" He asks her.

............

Matt and Bonnie are in the hallway talking together. Matt just jumped into the pool wearing a weight belt, because he thought he would get to see Vicki again. He was right, but it was stupid. Bonnie was only just able to bring him back.

"As soon as you're feeling better, I'm going to kill you" She warns.

"It worked. I saw her. I saw Vicki" He admits.

"You did?"

"She said she had a message for you" Matt answers.

"For me?" Bonnie asks.

"From the witch that put the hybrid curse on Klaus. She said that Elena and Cassandra shouldn't have survived Klaus' ritual. The hybrids can't transition because they are still alive"

"Tyler..." Bonnie whispers.

"He's going to die, isn't he?" Matt asks.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that" Klaus states, he's behind them, leaning against the wall, next to him is Cassandra and Elena.

"I have an idea," Cassandra tells them.

..........

Klaus enters the gym where Stefan is waiting, he stands, cautious of the hybrid.

"Smart girl your brother has" Klaus offers as he moves towards Stefan. "But untrustworthy, I am guessing..."

"No" Stefan argues. "Cas is...you can trust her" Klaus snorts and shakes his head.

"I don't trust anyone....but I do have to make sure she sticks to her end of the deal" He then vamp-speeds at Stefan, shoving him against the wall. "Don't worry, I will undo it when I get what I want....." Stefan frowns a little. Klaus compels him. "Turn off your humanity" Stefan's face and look change and Klaus releases him with a smirk.

........

Cassandra enters the classroom Rebekah, Tyler and Caroline are in. Rebekah stands, sensing an attack. Cassandra gives her a look.

"Oh, relax" She comments. "I come bearing good news....hopefully" She whispers. She shows a vial containing blood to Tyler and then throws it to him. He lifts up the vial to find it full of blood swirling with Cassandra's red mist. "Drink it," She tells Tyler, he gives her a weird look.

"What is it?"

"Elena's blood infused with my powers...." She offers. "Drink it" She repeats. Tyler looks at the vial and then at Caroline. "If he doesn't feed, he'll die anyway" Cassandra reminds them both. "It's okay," She tells Tyler who nods and finally drinks it. He coughs, rolls over the desk, and falls to the floor, screaming and groaning and writhing. He holds his head and screams and his face finally changes. His eyes are yellow, he has fangs and veins under his eyes. Cassandra steps closer to check on him.

"Well, that's a good sign" Klaus comments behind her. Cassandra looks at him. "Time to talk real terms, love"