Chapter Eighty-Six

A/N - As I have a number of AI creations left, I will be posting one at the end of each chapter I update until I run out. Rather than bombard you with page after page of images. 

- Today's image is a Cas and Elena (Elizaeth and Nina) one. 

.....

As an old sitcom episode plays on the television on the dresser, Damon's fingers gently pull at the laces on the back of Cassandra's dress to help her undress. It's a huge undertaking and she needs help, and he likes this. He's not sure he would like it if it was for anyone other than Cassandra. Just like he enjoys warm nights in bed, sitting in front of the television, reading ancient books, all the normal ordinary stuff. Well ordinary to him. With the last lace pulled free, the dress falls to a pool of fabric around her ankles. He holds her hand as she steps out of the dress. She is not going to miss wearing that. It was gorgeous, but it was heavy. Even though it was made of magic, it still weighs like that much fabric. And she knows she could have waved her hand and been done with the dress, but Damon wanted to help her and she just can't say no to him. He's too adorable to deny. He takes a clean button-up shirt from his drawers and draws it around Cassandra's shoulders. She smiles to herself as she slides her hands through the sleeves. She likes wearing his shirts and clearly, he likes her wearing them too as he keeps shoving them on her when he can. If there is a moment between her getting undressed and picking something to wear, he is there with one of his shirts held in his hand. He draws his fingers through her hair and lifts it up out of the back of the shirt. She hums in thanks as she buttons up a few buttons on the front.

"I'll grab some food from the Grill" He offers as she turns to face him. "Then....we can" He clicks his tongue and nods towards the bed. Hoping to get a laugh or a chuckle out of her. But she's too tired for it apparently. He hums in question at the small frown between her eyes. "Buttercup?" He asks her softly, drawing his fingers under her chin to tilt her head up.

"I just feel..." She sighs a little and shrugs. Not sure how to voice how she is feeling. Physically she feels fine, but her headache has evolved. It's stronger and more intense. Pushing her to sleep. It's like she's losing a grip on her mind. Sounds so crazy but she feels so lightheaded and dizzy and distant. She feels distant from her own mind. Damon clutches her face in his hand as he waits for her to finish her statement. He brushes his thumbs over her cheeks and she hums a little. "It's been a long day" She settles on, but it doesn't exactly answer him. Things have been tough for her. For all of them, but Cassandra has had it rough. And she's been feeling worse and worse since her resurrection. Because she's gotten more powerful, because of her magic, she has become a greater threat, putting a bigger target on her back. Which is seemingly unfortunate for her well-being.

"I don't have to go and get food" She smirks and then shakes her head. She knows if she asks him to stay now, then he will just have to go out later to pick up food. If he gets it now, then they can curl up in bed and eat and watch television without interruption. She touches his chest and tilts her head.

"No" She whispers. "You should...I'm hungry" She teases a little. "And...all I want" She pulls him closer to him. "Is to curl up in bed with you, something to drink, and a butt load of really greasy food" He smirks and nods. That does sound pretty amazing. Look at him. Being all domesticated. But turns out that small town life offered here is more than enough for him, mostly because it is crazy almost each and every single day with some new threat creeping up. He's a vampire and she's a witch, chances are this is going to be their life. There is always going to be a threat of something at this rate. He lets out a breath and leans forward to rest his forehead to hers. She closes her eyes and relishes the warmth he is putting out. He's always so warm.

"I won't be long" He assures her softly.

"I'll be waiting" She counters as she pulls back from him, flopping onto the bed with a sultry smirk, she pats the covers and gives him a look. "Hurry" He smirks and shakes his head softly before he vamp-speeds out of the room, to get to the Grill and back as fast as he can.

......

The boarding house is quiet when Damon returns, but he wasn't expecting it to be raging. Cassandra was tired, she'd probably just fallen asleep while waiting for him. He won't mind if she has. She clearly needs it. He lets out a breath as he enters his bedroom to find that it is dead silent in here. Because Cassandra is not in bed, where he left her or where he expected her to be. He frowns a little as he moves to the dresser.

"Cas!" He shouts and glances back over his shoulder to listen for any sign of her but the house is silent. He sets the food down on the dresser and pulls out his cell phone. She wouldn't have wandered off without good reason. She was exhausted and ready for bed. If something has tempted her from it, it has to be important. He sets the phone against his ear to listen to it ringing only for Cassandra's phone to vibrate and ring on the bedside table, showing that she hasn't taken it, wherever she's gone. He frowns and hangs up before dialling Bonnie. If anyone has the power to draw Cassandra away it's Bonnie. He dials the witch's number and sets the phone against his ear as he glances around his bedroom, hoping that he's just missed a note left. "Where are you?" Damon asks as soon as the line picks up.

"At home" Bonnie answers. "I'm just about to have a shower, what's going on?"

"So Cas isn't with you? You didn't call her?"

"No" Bonnie draws off as it sinks in that Damon is worried. Considering the last time he called looking for Cassandra, she is not surprised. Cassandra wandered off to the witch house without autonomy and that kind of marked recent events. Damon has every right to be worried. And even the bond they share is not helping because he can't feel anything from her. So either something is blocking it or she's unconscious. Though he is sure that he would have felt the unconscious thing. Damon growls under his breath at the unknown stuff. If Cassandra has just wandered off without a note or a text he is going to have some serious words with her. She knows he worries about her. After everything that has happened to her, anyone would be worried about her. "Damon, what's going on?" He hangs up without answering Bonnie before he turns and heads out again, ready to search every inch of the town if need be, but he'll start with the obvious locations. Her friends and family.

.....