Chapter Thirty-Two

At the Old Witch House, Bonnie is crying as she stares at her grandmother across from her. Caroline and Cassandra understand, it's been hard for Bonnie without the guidance of Sheila. None of the crap that went down would have gone down with Sheila around. She wouldn't have stood for it.

"I can't believe you're here!" Bonnie manages through her tears.

"Now stop your crying, we don't have time for tears" Sheila argues and then looks at Caroline and Cassandra. "Nice to see you again, girls"

"Hi, Miss Sheila" Caroline offers as Cassandra waves her fingers at her. Sheila looks back at Bonnie.

"A fine mess you've made, honey. Sophia told you there'd be consequences to bringing Jeremy back and you did it anyway" Sheila scolds her, Cassandra frowns a little. She didn't think that was real. That weird in-between dream thing she had. She assumed it was just all in her head.

"I didn't have a choice. I love him and I...I couldn't just let him go" Bonnie argues.

"I understand. But you cracked open the door to the other side. There's an old witch over here. She took advantage of it. She took advantage of you, honey. When you did that spell to send Vicki Donovan away, she wedged the door wide open, giving a free pass to anybody with unfinished business"

"How do you know this?" Bonnie asks.

"Witches talk. Even on the other side. Who do you think makes all the rules?"

"What does the witch want?"

"That's Original vampire business, not yours. I don't want you getting in the middle of that. I'm here because you upset the balance of nature. And it's your duty to set it right. You need to close that door"

..........

Cassandra paces outside of the witch house on her phone, talking to Elena on the other end.

..........

Elena is in the restrooms with Jeremy and Anna, she's on the phone with Cassandra.

"How do we do that?" Elena asks.

"Apparently the old witch can draw power from this side because of her talisman" Cassandra explains.

"Talisman...My necklace?" Elena asks. Cassandra hums in agreement.

"It's some ju-ju power source. And I know you're not going to like this, but Bonnie needs to destroy it"

"I just walked in on Jeremy kissing the reason I'm completely okay with that"

"What?! Are you freakin' kidding?" Cassandra asks her. How could Jeremy do that to Bonnie? How could he do that full stop? Especially after he saw what Tyler did to her. What him cheating on her did to her. She honestly didn't think her little brother had it in him to be that person. 

"I wish" Elena admits and then sighs. "Look, Cas, I don't have the necklace" She adds. 

"No, it's at the boarding house" Cassandra counters. "Damon picked it up and I forgot to bring it with us..."

"Okay, I'll head over now" Elena assures her and then hangs up. She lets out a breath and looks at Anna.

"Elena..." Jeremy tries but she's not having it. Not right now. Not on top of everything else going on. They have more important things to worry about without him adding more to it.

"You need to disappear or evaporate or whatever it is that you ghosts do," Elena tells Anna.

"Hey, it's not her fault" Jeremy defends.