Chapter Thirty-Six

A/N - CAS OUTFIT:

At Alaric's apartment, Alaric is looking at the photos on his desk, while Damon is helping Cassandra with her combat training. She decided it might be a good way to blow through her anger, if punching works, then it works, and Damon is durable and willing to help her. He motions with her fingers for her to come at him, smirking away at her. She gives him a look back and lunges. Alaric ignores them for the most part, instead, he goes through the photos taken from the cave.

"These images tell a story....to learn the story, you have to decipher these images" Alaric comments. Damon effortlessly disarms Cassandra, who tries to stake him, he pulls her back against his chest and smirks.

"Sloppy" He teases as he nuzzles into her head. She elbows him and spins, throwing out a hex, sending him flying backwards. She smirks and looks down at him. He groans and turns to push himself up. "We agreed no powers" He points out.

"You agreed no flirting...It's distracting..." She argues, he huffs and looks at her with a smirk.

"I can't help myself..." He teases and winks at her, she shakes her head but is smiling. He holds the stake and she takes it from him and steps back, getting back into position. "'Ghost of Christmas Past' Mason Lockwood set up the cave and led us to a weapon that can kill Klaus" Damon adds for Alaric.

"Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have a weapon?" Cassandra asks as she goes for Damon again.

"Yes. Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we have already found...and lost" He overwhelms Cassandra again. "Hmmm! You're dead!" He goes in to nibble on Cassandra's neck, she chuckles and pushes him away playfully before she walks over to Alaric at the desk.

"These images at the very least might tell us what that weapon is" Alaric adds.

"Then all we have to do is find out what they mean" Cassandra muses.

"Fine! Fine! If I am being irritatingly optimistic like you two..." Damon comments walking towards them. "How do you suppose we do that?"

"Well, if the story is about the Original Family living here, then we go straight to the source" Cassandra adds. Damon and Alaric frown at her. "I'm going to talk to Rebekah" She explains. Damon opens his mouth to argue against her being alone with an Original. "Do you trust me?" She asks him, he stares at her.

"Of course I do" He assures her.

"Then trust that I have everything under control" She touches his cheek and he leans into it. "Plus I want to talk to Bonnie anyway about that thing we talked about....she'll be at school too" she pokes his nose. "Boop" She teases and moves to grab her coat. Damon lets out a soft breath and watches her leave. Alaric gives Damon a look and Damon gives him one back.

"What?" Damon asks.

"Smitten much?" Alaric points out. Damon pulls a face and shakes his head. He's not going to deny it, he is very much the smitten kitten when it comes to Cassandra. Though he does keep waiting for him to do something to scare her off.

...........

Cassandra stands with Bonnie at the high school, the two of them talking. Bonnie seems desperate to get whatever it is she is trying to tell her out, but can't seem to find the right words to just tell her. It's a big deal, telling someone that she thinks they are a witch and it's crazy because her crazy ancestor doppelgänger basically told her that she was right. This is going to rock Cassandra's understanding of her powers. Cassandra looks across the grass and sees Rebekah with the rest of the cheerleading squad at practice, doing a series of gymnastic moves.

"Look" She turns to Bonnie. "This sounds like it is an important thing"

"It is" Bonnie agrees.

"Right, so come over to the house tonight, we'll get pizza and we can talk...properly...one on one...no distractions, just us" Bonnie smiles and nods. Talking to her alone would work best, away from people that could hear her. Plus it gives Bonnie some more time to work out how to put what she wants to say into words that work.

"Okay," Bonnie agrees. "That sounds great" 

"We'll talk about this" Cassandra promises her. "I just gotta deal with..." She motions across at Rebekah.

"Yeah, go, I'll see you tonight" Bonnie watches as Cassandra crosses over the green. Rebekah does a number of backhand springs until she stops in front of Cassandra, her eyes drifting over her.

"You" Rebekah greets. "Goody"

"I was hoping we could talk" Cassandra offers as she folds her arms over her chest.

"About what?" Rebekah asks her.

"I think we all got off on the wrong foot" Cassandra admits with a shrug. "Very stressful time for everyone involved...and well...I thought you might need a friend until Klaus comes back...I know this town can be pretty lonely and that sucks balls" Rebekah looks as though she is trying to figure out what Cassandra's game is here. "Whatever, I just thought I'd offer" Cassandra turns and walks away. Behind her, Rebekah seems to go through a number of emotions that flicker across her face before she sighs and hangs her head.

"Fine" Rebekah comments and Cassandra smirks before she drops it and turns around. "What did you have in mind?"

"Lunch" Cassandra answers. "I'm starving and I skipped breakfast"